Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

Candolim area - Electricity Bill

Candolim area - Electricity Bill

Old Sep 21st 2013, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice
Default Candolim area - Electricity Bill

Have just received first electricity bill since the Electricity Dept offices near the Health Centre closed a couple of months back and moved to the vicinity of Calangute Panchayat

No more "pink slips" !!!!

Now a computerised slip, that you need a degree in God only knows what to understand.

What next, I ask myself???
Old Sep 21st 2013, 11:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Candolim area - Electricity Bill

Originally Posted by iain492001
Have just received first electricity bill since the Electricity Dept offices near the Health Centre closed a couple of months back and moved to the vicinity of Calangute Panchayat

No more "pink slips" !!!!

Now a computerised slip, that you need a degree in God only knows what to understand.

What next, I ask myself???
In Karwar they have changed to a 'hole in the wall' system for paying your electricity bill. Last time when we paid there, no customer seemed to be able to understand how to work it, including us! So some one from the office where we used to pay, was standing at the queue to help!!!!
Would have been so much easier to just pay at the office( which is still there), especially as it was pouring with rain at the time!!!!
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Well paying at an ATM means there are fewer fingers for it to stick to en-route - or alternatively it speeds the money straight to some politicians '0wned' Cooperative Bank?

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 2:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by a_f_d
Well paying at an ATM means there are fewer fingers for it to stick to en-route - or alternatively it speeds the money straight to some politicians '0wned' Cooperative Bank?

AndyD 8-)
I always pay mine at the Co-op. They've got nice girls working there!
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
I always pay mine at the Co-op. They've got nice girls working there!
A Goan friend pays mine and my panchat tax while I am not there with money I leave for that purpose.
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 9:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by k800mer
... money I leave for that purpose.
Paying nice girls???<g>

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 22nd 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

....No more "pink slips" !!!!

You could understand the pink slips then?
I never could get hold of a proper tariff (and if you did there were always incomprehensible add-ons)

AndyD 8-)
Old Sep 23rd 2013, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

k800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to beholdk800mer is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by a_f_d
You could understand the pink slips then?
I never could get hold of a proper tariff (and if you did there were always incomprehensible add-ons)

AndyD 8-)
We were moved onto the commercial tariff at one point and we had to write a letter to the electricity board and say that the apartment was privately owned and not rented out. They then put us back on the normal tariff. We pay a standing charge of just under 200 rupees per two months plus any power used. I have never had pink slips, all my bills are white and I have them going back for over 10 years.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 3:50 am
BE Enthusiast

iain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really niceiain492001 is just really nice

Originally Posted by k800mer
We were moved onto the commercial tariff at one point and we had to write a letter to the electricity board and say that the apartment was privately owned and not rented out. They then put us back on the normal tariff. We pay a standing charge of just under 200 rupees per two months plus any power used. I have never had pink slips, all my bills are white and I have them going back for over 10 years.
Guess it depended where you live, and those of who who have had to battle each bill at the old Candolim sub-office to be put on domestic rates will know exactly what I mean. But I would query each bill and got as much as nearly Rs 5000 knocked off a bill once, because they had me on commercial rate. Plus the bills were never regular - this current one covers 5 months! But at least it is correct this time, as the rates are printed on the back of the slip. Mind you, the abbreviations for the charges are beyond me.............
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Guess it depended where you live, and those of who who have had to battle each bill at the old Candolim sub-office to be put on domestic rates will know exactly what I mean. But I would query each bill and got as much as nearly Rs 5000 knocked off a bill once, because they had me on commercial rate. Plus the bills were never regular - this current one covers 5 months! But at least it is correct this time, as the rates are printed on the back of the slip. Mind you, the abbreviations for the charges are beyond me.............
My bills when the apartment is occupied work out at about 200 a month plus the standing charge. It is only a one bedroom and we do not use the aircon except I do run it occasionally to make sure it still works.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 9:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Guess I'm a bit too over generous on the aircon side.....

Must try to cut back!
Old Sep 24th 2013, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

Must try to cut back!
I used to use the aircon but I find it more comfortable if I am not going between aircon and non aircon. If it is a bit hot at night I leave the doors open onto the balcony. I do have the fans going most of the time we are in the apartment.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

leavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the roughleavinggoa is a jewel in the rough

Must try to cut back!
Mine's on 25c in the bedroom. Not exactly overworked.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 3:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by leavinggoa
Mine's on 25c in the bedroom. Not exactly overworked.
Yes, but it is on. Some friends of ours got an electric bill for about £230 after some of their friends had used their apartment (for free) and left the aircon on when they left so it was going on and off using the temperature control for a while with no one there. They thought that they had been charged for the hotels electric but the hotel manager assured them they had not.