Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Far East and Asia > India > Goa
Reload this Page >

2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

Old Jul 19th 2012, 4:17 am
Forum Regular

Jacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant future
Default Re: 2 month out rule,,relaxed or not??

Sorry if I confused anyone, I lived in India for 7 years, but sadly my daughter passed away. My husband and I wanted to move on with our lives and we ended up living for 4 years in Dubai, and now Doha. ( because of work ) Our circumstances changed obviously when our daughter died, and we wanted to rebuild our lives. I also wanted to let go of India, as it was very painful for us both, so many memories etc... I do know about black money but would prefer to do everything legally if at all possible. I have a buyer for the house, but I am not allowed to register the sale, I will keep you all updated if any changes occur.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 7:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jacksie
Sorry if I confused anyone, I lived in India for 7 years, but sadly my daughter passed away. My husband and I wanted to move on with our lives and we ended up living for 4 years in Dubai, and now Doha. ( because of work ) Our circumstances changed obviously when our daughter died, and we wanted to rebuild our lives. I also wanted to let go of India, as it was very painful for us both, so many memories etc... I do know about black money but would prefer to do everything legally if at all possible. I have a buyer for the house, but I am not allowed to register the sale, I will keep you all updated if any changes occur.
So sorry to hear about your daughter Jacksie. If you have a buyer hopefully eventually you will be able to sell. As you know things in India are so slow.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 8:08 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

.... I have a buyer for the house, but I am not allowed to register the sale...
Take the Registrar to court - it's the only way.

AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 19th 2012, 10:25 am
Forum Regular

Jacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant futureJacksie has a brilliant future

Thanks, I have had a P.M. from a lady who has given me her Lawyers details. He managed to go to court and get permission for her to sell. I will get in touch with him ASAP. Fingers crossed he will be able to do the same for me. Our problem is although we want to let go of India and leave completely, the house is still a money pit - hence still working. We have a housekeeper there, and repair bills etc... that's why previously I said that I wanted to leave India. We are still tied there at the moment, because we cannot sell. Going to court I imagine could drag out for years!!
Old Jul 19th 2012, 11:48 am
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

Thanks, I have had a P.M. from a lady who has given me her Lawyers details. He managed to go to court and get permission for her to sell. I will get in touch with him ASAP. Fingers crossed he will be able to do the same for me. Our problem is although we want to let go of India and leave completely, the house is still a money pit - hence still working. We have a housekeeper there, and repair bills etc... that's why previously I said that I wanted to leave India. We are still tied there at the moment, because we cannot sell. Going to court I imagine could drag out for years!!
Is it not possible to sell at a reduced price, I.E. break even or lose a little, the savages are always looking for a bargain?
Old Jul 19th 2012, 2:01 pm
Forum Regular

I have been trying that already It cost us around 150,000 pounds with all the renovations, it is worth in real terms over 400 thousand pounds. I have put the word out that I am looking for the original 150, thousand, but the greedy agents have been telling clients that I will only take 400 thousand if the client agrees they want the extra money as commission!!!! My local friends have told me this, hence I am finding it hard for people to take a chance buying it due to the greedy agents. The ones that I have tried to deal with direct the agents tell them the property has problems etc.... so I have already lost two potential buyers. That's just typical isn't it they want to make more than me, I just would like to see our money back. ( after 3 years renovating it, and owning it for 8 years now ) I guess that I should try on the internet to sell it myself.
Old Jul 19th 2012, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

babu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nicebabu1 is just really nice

Since the Registrar has been bound (illegaly, on the instruction of the Goa Government) not to transfer your sale, any transaction is extremely risky and involves trust on both sides.

The purchaser will not be allowed to register the transfer so will be paying you on the basis of an understanding that you will not in future lay any claim to your registered rights over the property.

If you establish a will naming the purchaser as the beneficiary, only on your death will the new owner have peace of mind of ownership by inheritance. In the interim, the new owner will find it impossible to sell on the property or to use it as an asset for loan purposes.

Your purchaser might be decent and pay up the full amount agreed, or welch on the deal and hold back the 'black' component wherein you can hardly go running to anyone regards non full payment of the agreed amount! Likewise, it is possible that a purchaser might make a first payment, take possession and then refuse to honour payment or move out (as has happened to one forum member).

Best of luck. I am in the same boat. Registered Deed, want to sell but disallowed by the Registrar and at the mercy of agents who are mainly con artists.

BHCI appear to have achieved nothing in brokering an amnesty which would allow us to leave and those who wish to stay to legitimise their ownership (and right of transfer) once and for all.

Isn't Britain, Great?
Old Jul 20th 2012, 7:01 am
Forum Regular

Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat. Our BHC and government should be hanging their heads in shame!! Not once do they seem to think we have all been duped, or cheated........ by crooks. Probably the same crooks that they put on lavish dinners for, and suck up too. ( believe me I have seen many of their dinner parties) Grrr...........
Old Jul 20th 2012, 9:43 am
BE Forum Addict

a_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to beholda_f_d is a splendid one to behold

... it is worth in real terms over 400 thousand pounds. ...
There have been phenomenal increases in property prices in Goa but the ₹3 crores+ band is still very small. If you still have contact with the previous owners it might be worth asking whether the Registrar would accept a Deed of Assignment to a new (Indian) purchaser (this would require the agreement of the previous owners and some 'facilitation fee').

AndyD 8-)
Old Jul 20th 2012, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks for that I will check out if the previous owner is still around and look into it.
Old Jul 20th 2012, 3:35 pm
Banned

stevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nicestevebenaulim is just really nice

If you have a property worth £400k, and you are willing to take £150k or probably less, i would think a rich Indian with clout to grease palms would snap it up, its just finding the right Indian.
If you know the right people, money can almost buy anything in India, its just knowing who to pay and how much.
Good luck.
Old Jul 21st 2012, 12:30 am

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that you are in the same boat. Our BHC and government should be hanging their heads in shame!! Not once do they seem to think we have all been duped, or cheated........ by crooks. Probably the same crooks that they put on lavish dinners for, and suck up too. ( believe me I have seen many of their dinner parties) Grrr...........

Hi Jacksie

What a nightmare you have been through.

You are absolutely right - the BHC should hang their heads in shame - or all be charged with offences of alfeasance in public office for their neglect of this situation. Additionally the manner in which the same bent lawyers, agents, builders and bankers in Goa knowingly sold property to foreigners are now using the situation caused by the Goan Govt to further exercise their criminal extortionist ways to cream as big a profit for themselves as they can at the expense of foreigners.
Some company secretaries and accoutants are doing the same to people who were advised to open shell companies to buy property, and then left without correct advice to default on those same companies - funny how their fees come to the exact amount as the company assets in so many of these cases !!

I do hope that you find a solution to allow you to move forward.

Dread - x
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:42 pm
Just Joined

carlferns is an unknown quantity at this point

Jacksie, sorry to hear about your situation.

Can you share some more info about your property? Like location, description....

Don't think you can grease anyone's palms in this case. Or make this your last option.
With the RTI act, this information is public information and can ruin the registrar/sub registrar.
You will need to go the OCI, PIO or business route.
Have you tried getting in touch with the one who sold to you?
Do you have any Portuguese roots? That may help.

Take care,
Carl
Old Jul 29th 2012, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

carlferns is an unknown quantity at this point

BTW the two month rule is not because India does not want tourists.
That is so not true.

My family went thro' the same thing at the FRRO office in Bombay. Got me a little upset but then...
When I asked, the chief ( a Goan which was very surprising), he said it was because of terrorism.
The scouts scoped out sites, moving back and forth without any controls.

This is just the fall out.

Hope it changes and they use something smarter.

Carl
Old Jul 30th 2012, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by carlferns
Jacksie, sorry to hear about your situation.

Can you share some more info about your property? Like location, description....

Don't think you can grease anyone's palms in this case. Or make this your last option.
With the RTI act, this information is public information and can ruin the registrar/sub registrar.
You will need to go the OCI, PIO or business route.
Have you tried getting in touch with the one who sold to you?
Do you have any Portuguese roots? That may help.

Take care,
Carl
My property was a derelict old Portuguese house in Saligoa. I spent 3 years renovating it adding in all the original features handmade clay tiles, carved doors, new roof, water, electricity,widows, and staircase. We had tradesmen living and working on the property almost constantly for the whole 3 years. Giving lots of income to local people. All the tiles were from Spain, and marbles transported down from Delhi. We finished everything off by installing a large swimming pool, and 10 seater Jacuzzi. Local builders used to show clients our house trying to pass it off as there work!! lol. Many never worked on the project, but lots would lay claim that they did.

I want to travel over to Goa and see a solicitor that has been recommended, but alas, I have caught Ameobic Dysentry at the moment and have been in and out of hospital for the last week. The other problem that I face is if I do travel over, and the courts call me back. I must have this 2 month gap, because no way will I ever go through being locked up under armed guard and deported again. Firstly I have got to get well enough to travel hence it maybe a week or two before I can get solid legal advice.

I will keep you all updated on my progress. I have no Portuguese connections, and would just like to be able to put this whole experience behind me and sell up, to move on with our lives.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.