Reload this Page >

Renewing passport name change

Renewing passport name change

Old Aug 9th 2017, 11:38 am
Just Joined

dgirllamius is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Renewing passport name change

Hey there,

so I wanted to change my name at the bank because I've recently got married and I'm in the process of getting my name changed. I had an appointment and the man said I needed to have ID in my new name before I could do anything.

I have a British passport with 3 years remaining on it. I'm a bit annoyed that I now have to shell out 100 odd quid for a new one just to change my name.

Anyway, I've gone ahead and made an application. I have printed everything off, got my photos done and read the part about supporting documents. I need to send proof of my new name in use (I can get a letter from my employer) and my marriage certificate. Only thing is, it says that it needs to be translated.

What I don't understand is my marriage certificate has everything in English written on it, do I really need to have it translated? Has anyone done this before?

I find it so frustrating that I may have to pay out 50 or more euros for a document to be translated when it's technically already been translated.

Thanks in advance!
Old Aug 9th 2017, 10:28 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Renewing passport name change

If you married in Germany and it's the multilingual 'Formule B' version of your marriage certificate then, no, you don't need an additional translation.