Reload this Page >

Prospects of a job in Frankfurt

Prospects of a job in Frankfurt

Old Sep 24th 2017, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Renia is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Prospects of a job in Frankfurt

Originally Posted by Assanah
Good luck with your job search. You are not the first one who feels unwelcome and is leaving.

With regrad to Brexit, if the UK decides to contribute to the single market than yes a good deal is possible. There are still countries that need help and support. And it would be odd to allow the UK access to all those markets without contributing. So if the UK gets more flexibel and is prepared to pay a decent amount of money and will accept EU regulations than I see a good chance on a deal. The EU will not become more flexibel. I can't see that happening. The UK is important but not that important. At least in Germany the opinion of the government, the industry, and the people is surprisingly similar on the Brexit: No deal is better than a bad deal for the EU. A bad deal means giving the UK most of the goodies with no substantial contribution.
Do you refer to a Soft Brexit? This would entail Britain also accepting free movement of people, which is the reason Brexit happened. There is no way the EU will give Britain access to the Single market without free movement reason being that it would be discriminatory on other EU and EEA members. There are rules and the British need to understand that they are not superior to other nations. To be honest I am stunned by their attitude. Plus the EU will steal so much business from London. I really don't understand the British. They are literally committing suicide.
Only the bank I work for will transfer 4k out of the 6k employees to Frankfurt. And that's only one bank. Imagine what is going to follow
Old Sep 24th 2017, 9:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Renia
Do you refer to a Soft Brexit? This would entail Britain also accepting free movement of people, which is the reason Brexit happened. There is no way the EU will give Britain access to the Single market without free movement reason being that it would be discriminatory on other EU and EEA members. There are rules and the British need to understand that they are not superior to other nations. To be honest I am stunned by their attitude. Plus the EU will steal so much business from London. I really don't understand the British. They are literally committing suicide.
Only the bank I work for will transfer 4k out of the 6k employees to Frankfurt. And that's only one bank. Imagine what is going to follow
I don't think that Britain will keep access to the single market because by definition the single market includes all four freedoms. And I don't think that it will be acceptable for any EU country to have a single market where products and services have freedom of movement and people have not. The best Britain can hope for is a free trade agreement.

I also don't understand the British attitude either. They must truly believe that the EU needs them more than the other way around. I think they expect the EU to get down on its knees and accept all British demands: full access to the EU market, full access to all research programms, but no more payments into the EU budget, no European court, no EU laws and no more migration. It is the perfect scenario for the UK so it must be for the EU as well, right?
Old Sep 25th 2017, 4:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Assanah

Our masters in London are not very bright.