Oktoberfest

Old Sep 17th 2016, 8:37 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Oktoberfest

The only time I've ever been there was in 1964. I would like to say I have happy memories of it, but the unexpected strength of the beer obliterated all memories - happy or not! I do recall staying at the local camping ground, and I recall that the bus or tram that took me to and from was the No. 20. My last and incredibly shameful recollection is of lying on the bench at the bus- or tram-stop muttering "Nummer Zwanzig!" I assume somebody poured me on to the vehicle and someone else poured me off at the camping-platz. and that's all she wrote...

Any BE members with actual memories of the event?
Old Sep 18th 2016, 10:57 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Oktoberfest

As a reformed drunk I prefer NOT to remember !
Old Sep 19th 2016, 8:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Never been there and have no desire to go either....carnival ones a year is enough for my liver to process
Old Sep 19th 2016, 8:53 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Used to go every year. As long as you have a private table in one of the upmarket tents, it can be a great time.

It's fun to see the variety of dirndln, tracten, etc. And the parades can be fun to watch. Entertainment is generally fun & upbeat.. Food can be good too!

But it's become much too popular. It's extremely crowded, full of drunks, and it's a bit disgusting to be constantly dodging puke.

If you go, reserve a private table (hard to get and very expensive!). Otherwise, it gets on your nerves after a few hours.

Last edited by amideislas; Sep 19th 2016 at 8:57 am.