MOT in Germany

Old Apr 4th 2013, 1:01 pm
Just Joined

tinarhoermann is an unknown quantity at this point
Default MOT in Germany

Hi,

is there a chance to get a car MOT'd in Germany? I'd normally drive back to the UK to get it sorted but this year I am particularly busy and can't take the days off needed for the journey. I tried Falli/Bergen but it seems that the service is no longer available for civilians.

Any advice much appreciated.
Tina
Old Apr 5th 2013, 11:09 am
Forum Regular

gioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant futuregioppino has a brilliant future
Default Re: MOT in Germany

Are you considered resident in Germany? In theory you're not supposed to drive your car abroad for more than 6 months although EU regulations conflict with the DVLA.
Old Apr 28th 2013, 2:13 pm
Just Joined

nibiru2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tina,

I have this same problem, have you heard of MOTcarcenter? What are your thought on it? I'm not sure whether to trust them or not!!

Regards

Vicky
Old Apr 28th 2013, 3:37 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nibiru2012
Hi Tina,

I have this same problem, have you heard of MOTcarcenter? What are your thought on it? I'm not sure whether to trust them or not!!

Regards

Vicky
MOT's are a UK thing, and can only be done by a garage registered as an MOT centre in the UK, anyone offering you one from anywhere else is only going to supply you with a fake MOT, all MOT's are now linked via the DVLA, and police can, and do, check via computer, so if you are OK with driving an illegal car, then go ahead and get one issued fraudulently.
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:28 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mikelincs
MOT's are a UK thing, and can only be done by a garage registered as an MOT centre in the UK, anyone offering you one from anywhere else is only going to supply you with a fake MOT, all MOT's are now linked via the DVLA, and police can, and do, check via computer, so if you are OK with driving an illegal car, then go ahead and get one issued fraudulently.
Hiya,

cheers for your advice but I never thought of getting a fake MOT cert anyways... As in previous years I am now traveling back to Kent for two days to get my MOT done... Luckily as it involves taking my car the journey also serves to stock up on items you cannae get here... Tesco, Asda, Waitrose here I come!!!
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:44 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by nibiru2012
Hi Tina,

Regards

Vicky
Hi Vicky,

no, still no news on this. I am trying some army friends but for all I know the car must be BFG registered to get it MOT'ed in either Fally/Bergen/Herford... :-(

I'll keep you updated.

Best
Tina
Old Apr 29th 2013, 6:50 am
Just Joined

@ Vicky,

I just emailed them for a quote, not sure about them either. Going to contact the DVLA and see what their take is...

Best
Tina
Old Apr 29th 2013, 7:58 am
Just Joined

nibiru2012 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Tina, good thinking! It just seems a bit too good to be true to me, I'll fill you in if I get any further. Have a good trip home if that's what you end up doing x

Vicky