Old Aug 29th 2011, 5:04 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Are Germans bad? No, it´s just the culture

What do you think?
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...=730401&page=2
Old Sep 1st 2011, 12:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Are Germans bad? No, it´s just the culture

There are lots of people that still have a weird picture of Germans. Everything that happens to them in Germany is interpreted in a negative way. That says much more about their way of thinking than about Germans.
Old Sep 21st 2011, 9:12 am
Just Joined

Nignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really nice
Smile Re: Are Germans bad? No, it´s just the culture

nothing wrong with the german culture,from kindergarten on, germans are educated to succeed at what they do, their work ethic is exactly the same, a full days work for a full days pay, one of the reasons why many expats do not succeed in germany, in uk get behind with your rent, do a moon light flit easy peasy, not possible in germany,fall behind on your maintenance , jail is calling, I worked and was based in germany from 66 to 83, then had to return to UK to work in the family business, but always looked on germany as our 2nd home, my work took me to Aus where we now live as retirees , still well looked after by the german govt, if we had to return to europe believe you me it would not be to the UK !
Old Nov 16th 2011, 6:21 am
Banned

bricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nicebricwood is just really nice

Sometimes stereotypes are true, I used to go to Germany a lot arrogant people, we have a few where I live, arrogant , the Swedes, Dutch, Americans are fine, just the Germans, nasty big heads, or is that square heads?
Old Nov 16th 2011, 10:13 am
Just Joined

Nignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really niceNignoy is just really nice

Originally Posted by bricwood
Sometimes stereotypes are true, I used to go to Germany a lot arrogant people, we have a few where I live, arrogant , the Swedes, Dutch, Americans are fine, just the Germans, nasty big heads, or is that square heads?
Pillock
Old Nov 27th 2011, 1:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

Strange !
On the contrary , I found Germans , in Germany and outside of it , among the most polite , pleasant and civilised of people , not to now get involved with them being also efficient and productive and unambiguos in ways and manners which may appear strange to Anglo-Saxons .
If only they didn't underwrite the failing EUro-project , or if they would agree to deal with it , now...
Old Nov 29th 2011, 12:42 pm
Just Joined

david-hughes is an unknown quantity at this point

as mentioned the german work ethic is superb and i've always found them easy to get on with and good people.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 5:47 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

No we are not bad. Its depend on the personal experience which you made.

Go to eastern Germany, Dresden, then you will think we are still nazis.
Go to Frankfurt and zou will see multicultures at his best
Go to the outer ring of Munich and you will think we all wear Lederhose

The same if i go to London or Manchester.
Dubai or Sharjah
UAE or Saudi
Canada or whatever

Some are good some are bad.

For example in Dubai you see a lot of Brits they are real fuxxxers behave like they own the world. When i was in Stoneleigh for the Kitcar i had a much better experience with the brits.

Football european championship in 1988 in Frankfurt also differnt to 2006 in Frankfurt.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:07 am
Just Joined

Cartingente is an unknown quantity at this point

I would have to agree with that, its the language as well, when a Brit grows up there they act 80-100% that way, it is the culture that's just how they role. It can be really annoying at times because there isn't room t be so "free" in thinking.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:21 am
BE Enthusiast

licinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond reputelicinius has a reputation beyond repute

After a few years in BAOR I grew to dislike the Germans but does that make them bad??? No I don't think so, bad & dislike are two different things.

Take a look at your average Brit holiday maker & then ask.......... Are Brits bad?
Old Dec 31st 2011, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

fidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond reputefidobsa has a reputation beyond repute

I've not spent a lot of time in Germany but I do have to drive through the country on trips from UK to Hungary. It is partly down to the roads and the speed limits but I feel safer driving through UK, France, Belgium, Austria or Hungary than I do in Germany. I tend to be in relatively slow vehicles but I still go faster than the artics. Countless times on a 2 lane autobahn my overtaking manouvre is accompanied by flashing of lights and tooting of horns from some BMW or Mercedes driver who was miles behind when I first pulled into the fast lane.
Old Dec 31st 2011, 5:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by licinius
After a few years in BAOR I grew to dislike the Germans but does that make them bad??? No I don't think so, bad & dislike are two different things.

Take a look at your average Brit holiday maker & then ask.......... Are Brits bad?
You are obviously an exserviceman like myself, of course the german attitude was different in the garrison towns, having to put up with drunken,violent louts,rampaging through their picturesque towns every weekend , and when for example in towns like minden or herford,when a whole regiment such as the one of the highland regiments move into town with the sole intention of destroying it, plundering and killing as if we were still at war, that happened to the garrison town of minden in the early 60,s and it really made one ashamed to be british!!
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 11:28 am
Éireann go Brách

Londonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond reputeLondonuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fidobsa
some BMW or Mercedes driver (
No difference here mate. The more expensive, the bigger the...
Old Jan 2nd 2012, 11:46 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Originally Posted by fidobsa
I've not spent a lot of time in Germany but I do have to drive through the country on trips from UK to Hungary. It is partly down to the roads and the speed limits but I feel safer driving through UK, France, Belgium, Austria or Hungary than I do in Germany. I tend to be in relatively slow vehicles but I still go faster than the artics. Countless times on a 2 lane autobahn my overtaking manouvre is accompanied by flashing of lights and tooting of horns from some BMW or Mercedes driver who was miles behind when I first pulled into the fast lane.
The question then is why you go so slow?

Youre supposed to go 130 on the Autobahn. This is expect speedlimit zones the offical government proposal!

So to understand it better the germans are bad because IN THEIR COUNTRY they go fast which is allowed on the Autobahn???

Sry but this is complete bullshit
Old Jan 3rd 2012, 10:30 am
Just Joined

MissLilly is an unknown quantity at this point

I think they are quite nice people, it's just their culture, they are more objective oriented, which for us might be perceived as arrogance.
So far I have no complains in that sense...

On the other hand, because I don't know any german, it's quite a nightmare to survive outside the hotel and the office :|

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.