British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Germany (https://britishexpats.com/forum/germany-134/)
-   -   Full time employment without anmeldung (https://britishexpats.com/forum/germany-134/full-time-employment-without-anmeldung-938670/)

2L8 May 19th 2021 12:55 am

Full time employment without anmeldung

I am moving to Berlin this summer to start the full time employment. I may not be able to find accommodation for some time. That means will not have a registered address in the beginning. Will it be possible to start working while I am not registered? If so, how this can be handled on the employer's side? e.g. I will need to sign up for insurance and get social insurance number.

Pityu Mar 21st 2022 2:31 pm

Re: Full time employment without anmeldung

Originally Posted by 2L8 (Post 13007978)
I am moving to Berlin this summer to start the full time employment. I may not be able to find accommodation for some time. That means will not have a registered address in the beginning. Will it be possible to start working while I am not registered? If so, how this can be handled on the employer's side? e.g. I will need to sign up for insurance and get social insurance number.

I know some time has passed, but I am interested also in this topic. How did you solve this?

FrancoPhil02 Mar 29th 2022 10:04 am

I take it you will be living in a hotel or pension? If so then you should be able to provide that address. It is also up to your employer as regards insurance/social security.

Pityu Mar 31st 2022 11:15 am

That would be the last resort. I started to look for shared apartment as I will be in Germany only for 4 months

NataHH Apr 5th 2022 1:52 pm

What kind of passport do you have? If it is a British one your passport will be stamped. You will need to leave the Schengen area after 90 days. Again your passport will be stamped. You will then have to wait for 90 days before you can return. Or you have to get a VISA. No stamps if you have an EU passport.

OrangeMango Apr 19th 2022 11:43 am

Originally Posted by FrancoPhil02 (Post 13104470)
I take it you will be living in a hotel or pension? If so then you should be able to provide that address. It is also up to your employer as regards insurance/social security.

The German authorities might not accept that. I think they almost always ask for a rental contract of some sort. So the shared housing and some form of paperwork with that one, will have to do. However authorities might handle this matter differently in many parts of Germany. I think if you decide to play around with addresses, like pretend to live at some place you're not, or something like that, the worst that could happen is some kind of misdemeanor fine, called an Ordnungswiedrigkeit.