British Expats

British Expats (
-   Germany (
-   -   Freelancing in Germany (

Pityu Mar 17th 2022 7:37 am

Freelancing in Germany
Hi everyone,

If I am freelancing in Germany for 4months and than the rest in UK, what tax responsibilities do I have for the German state?


Pityu Mar 22nd 2022 7:45 am

Re: Freelancing in Germany
Whoever looking for the same, from the UK gov website:

TaxThe UK has a double taxation agreement with Germany so that you do not pay tax on the same income in both countries. Ask the relevant tax authority your questions about double taxation relief. You will get an income tax ID number ‘Steueridentifikationsnummer’ by post from the Federal Central Tax Office after you register your address at the local registration office Einwohnermeldeamt. Your employer will need your tax ID number. You may also be asked to provide it to your local finance authority ‘Finanzamt’. You should get professional advice on paying tax in Germany. Find a tax adviser (in German). Read guidance on:

Pityu Mar 31st 2022 11:22 am

Re: Freelancing in Germany
Is the private health insurance tax free?
I tried to evaluate this but I get mixed results. How is the private health insurance is taxed?

All times are GMT. The time now is 6:34 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.