Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Germany
Reload this Page >

Best cities to live in Germany...

Best cities to live in Germany...

Old Nov 19th 2011, 7:19 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Best cities to live in Germany...

Originally Posted by Londonuck
Thanks for all your replies.

You're following me Novo
Entirely inadvertently, I assure you.
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 1:12 am
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute

Just in case somebody is interested in just how shitty Berlin treats its inhabitants (meaning providing no jobs, no real economy, dependence on the money of others etc. pp.). Here is a map of poverty in Germany:

http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fo...cke-76556.html
Old Dec 22nd 2011, 1:47 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah
Just in case somebody is interested in just how shitty Berlin treats its inhabitants (meaning providing no jobs, no real economy, dependence on the money of others etc. pp.). Here is a map of poverty in Germany:

http://www.spiegel.de/fotostrecke/fo...cke-76556.html
So basically the DDR vs WG? Doesn't surprise me at all.
Old Dec 25th 2011, 5:39 am
Kraut

guuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really niceguuuude is just really nice

Depends your Job and Lifestyle.

Munich because of the alps and close to italy
Frankfurt in the center of everything
Berlin for freaky lifestyle
Koeln for Carneval
Hamburg for the reeperbahn :-)
Stuttgart for.........i dont know :-)
eastern part if you want have deeply cheap rent and like to run

ah im originally from frankfurt but would love to life in munich rather then frankfurt
Old Jan 14th 2012, 6:30 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Gruss Gott, Try Garmich - P. lovely!

Want something smaller, Sonthoffen or Oberstdorf, again fantastic!

fletch
Old Jan 14th 2012, 7:58 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Gruss Gott, Try Garmich - P. lovely!
Lovely to visit. Must be hell to live there. Once I almost did, lucky escape or what?
Old Jan 14th 2012, 8:40 pm
Banned

fletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud offletcher m has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Lovely to visit. Must be hell to live there. Once I almost did, lucky escape or what?
Why would it be hell Novo? Order, proper seasons, great beer, no bears, everything works including the health system, naked sauna and pools, if that is hell, book me in.

I once had a weekly driving route there, I then started to take Brits walking over the Alps, Sunny all day, humid early evenings and rain at night, the perfect climate, I have never before seen grass hand cut by farmers to feed cows that were kept indoors, No cows in the fields, they would walk on the grass, a pampered life. Oh yes, the odd irish bar too. fletch
Old Jan 14th 2012, 9:02 pm
Born again atheist

Originally Posted by fletcher m
Why would it be hell Novo? Order, proper seasons, great beer, no bears, everything works including the health system, naked sauna and pools, if that is hell, book me in.

I once had a weekly driving route there, I then started to take Brits walking over the Alps, Sunny all day, humid early evenings and rain at night, the perfect climate, I have never before seen grass hand cut by farmers to feed cows that were kept indoors, No cows in the fields, they would walk on the grass, a pampered life. Oh yes, the odd irish bar too. fletch
As I said, great for a visit or a vacation. But personally I wouldn't want live alongside a bunch of smug, xenophobic Bavarians wearing lederhosen and silly hats with a feather on the side who run tourist shops selling kitsch and jackrabbits with horns.

I don't mind the odd Alp, but as to walking over it? Nope. And you can keep the two metres of snow too. It's bad enough where I live.

Each to his own, mate.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
As I said, great for a visit or a vacation. But personally I wouldn't want live alongside a bunch of smug, xenophobic Bavarians wearing lederhosen and silly hats with a feather on the side who run tourist shops selling kitsch and jackrabbits with horns.

I don't mind the odd Alp, but as to walking over it? Nope. And you can keep the two metres of snow too. It's bad enough where I live.

Each to his own, mate.
Sounds like you are writing about any scottish tourist town. Bavarians and lederhosen excepted.
You don't have to buy the sh1t, and it is so much better than Charity shops, boarded up shops and £ shops. What has the UK high street come to. Enjoy France. fletch