Shipping Australia to Scotland

Old Jun 17th 2024, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Krystal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Shipping Australia to Scotland

Hello.

Does anyone have recommendations for what shipping company they used to go from Adelaide South Australia to Scotland?
Bonus if they stored stuff either end and packed the house etc for you.
we are needing to find a company that can store our stuff for almost a year and a half before we leave, then ship it to Scotland and potentially store it on that side to.

We were originally going to buy a container and keep it on a block and fill it ourselves as we move out but I have since realised that the company may need to stack the container for insurance purposes so I’m unsure if that would be an option now.

Thank you.
Old Jun 17th 2024, 1:08 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shipping Australia to Scotland

Buying a container might cause other problems too - containers need to be maintained, and ones in a poor state of repair can fail/ break, so some shipping companies won't accept privately owned containers as a broken container will disrupt operations and delay loading/ unloading for everyone else, or worse, if a container collapses it can pitch other containers into the sea.
Old Jun 17th 2024, 1:15 am
Just Joined

Krystal1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Shipping Australia to Scotland

Yes, I’m aware of this also. I know we will require certification to prove it’s safe and this will need to be renewed every 12 months that the container is stored with us.