Packing list detail

Old Jun 21st 2019, 12:16 pm
Just Joined

hughden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Packing list detail

Just about to start packing some boxes fro eventual shipment back to the UK. I am unsure as to the amount of detail on the packing list. For example, if a box contains kitchen utensils (pots, pans, cutlery etc) do I have to detail the number and type of each, or will "kitchen utensils" suffice? I am hoping the latter? Any guidance gratefully received.
Thanks
Old Jun 21st 2019, 1:16 pm
Lt Col (Retd)

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Packing list detail

Originally Posted by hughden View Post
Just about to start packing some boxes fro eventual shipment back to the UK. I am unsure as to the amount of detail on the packing list. For example, if a box contains kitchen utensils (pots, pans, cutlery etc) do I have to detail the number and type of each, or will "kitchen utensils" suffice? I am hoping the latter? Any guidance gratefully received.
Thanks
Yes, "Kitchen utensils" and the approximate number is sufficient. You will not be taxed, fined, or have items seized if "A dozen kitchen utensils" turns out to contain 15 actual items.

Remember there are hundreds, if not thousands of British citizens returning to the UK every day (and about as many leaving) so customs monitoring and inspection of shipments of household goods is pretty high level in most cases as shipments of household goods are typically pretty low risk for smuggling of illegal objects or substances. So statistically it is unlikely that your belongings will be subject to more than an X-ray or "walk-by" by a dog trained to detect drugs.
Old Jun 22nd 2019, 9:32 am
Just Joined

hughden is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Packing list detail

Thanks.