Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

You're in the army now.

You're in the army now.

Old Mar 29th 2009, 6:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default You're in the army now.

Is anyone else's ears assaulted on a daily basis by the French version of Status Quo's 'In the army now'?! Actually I think it was originally written by a Dutch couple, but is now being performed by Les Enfoirés for charity. It was annoying in the 80's and even more so now.
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:09 pm

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: You're in the army now.

Originally Posted by G-J-B
Is anyone else's ears assaulted on a daily basis by the French version of Status Quo's 'In the army now'?! Actually I think it was originally written by a Dutch couple, but is now being performed by Les Enfoirés for charity. It was annoying in the 80's and even more so now.
Strangely enough (living in Port)...it's assaulting our airwaves too,I'm assuming the Vid is full of famous French peeps,but I don't know any of them
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:11 pm
Far Kynelle

Ewood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond reputeEwood has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Strangely enough (living in Port)...it's assaulting our airwaves too,I'm assuming the Vid is full of famous French peeps,but I don't know any of them
Unless they were male and wearing tight lycra whilst resembling RDJ or RW, you wouldn't
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by Ewood
Unless they were male and wearing tight lycra whilst resembling RDJ or RW, you wouldn't
I was talking to Gav,not you ...bog off!
Old Mar 29th 2009, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Nibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud ofNibbler has much to be proud of

Yep!!
i agree it's mega annoying,especially when the people you work with, think it's a new song and you try to explain Status Quo did a version in the 80's
good cause though
Old Mar 29th 2009, 8:24 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I like the original, But it seemed to be the my theme to joining the Army. I guess you have to have been a member of the Armed Forces to understand it.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 6:41 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cleri
Hi Cleri. I think Les Enfoirés is French for f**kers, a**h*les or d**kh**ds - nice name for a charity band! No idea who's in it though.

Ka Ora - granted the lyrics aren't all that bad, but listening to it 2-3 times a day.
Old Mar 30th 2009, 7:00 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Cleri. I think Les Enfoirés is French for f**kers, a**h*les or d**kh**ds - nice name for a charity band! No idea who's in it though.
It's not a band, but singers, comedians and even sportsmen now, who get together to sing for free and collect money for "Les Restos du Coeur" created by the comedian Coluche. He was the one to "invent" the term a decade or so ago and it's no worse than "merde". No one thinks of the literal meaning...
Old Apr 1st 2009, 6:48 pm

Just for Gav
Old Apr 1st 2009, 7:32 pm

Le Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond reputeLe Chant has a reputation beyond repute

Trop cool! Chabal's the man! Ribery is damned ugly close up innee? Mimi Mathy I like - saw her interviewed last week, and seems like a right nice lass.

I'm off to see Status Quo at the Avoine Blues festival this July. They'll be lynched if they don't play that!
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:57 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

Apparently lots of Brittany is in uproar cos Bruce Springsteen is playing at the Carhaix festival, which we have worked out is the equivalent to Glastonbury.

Course, having lived in a cave for twenty years with only 4 Enya records, I thought he was some relative of Dusty Springfield .........
Old Apr 1st 2009, 10:59 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea50
Apparently lots of Brittany is in uproar cos Bruce Springsteen is playing at the Carhaix festival, which we have worked out is the equivalent to Glastonbury.

Course, having lived in a cave for twenty years with only 4 Enya records, I thought he was some relative of Dusty Springfield .........
Old Apr 2nd 2009, 5:19 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Andrea50

Same lay line or same Day Trippers. I do love a good day Trip