Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Yippie were home

Yippie were home

Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:32 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yippie were home

Well we have just got back, Thank god or whomever. The weather was better in England than here by the looks of things.
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:35 am
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Yippie were home

Welcome back! Did you have a good time?

Weather here's been marvellous
Old Jul 17th 2008, 11:40 am

Originally Posted by Jazzy n Lol
Welcome back! Did you have a good time?

Weather here's been marvellous
We did have a very good time loads of shopping had to buy 2 new suitcases to come home. I think the food has gone down hill in the UK. We had a lovely day in London took the Kids to the science museum and the natural history museum and got ourselves nearly removed from the Tate gallery as the kids liked the echo in big rooms
Old Jul 17th 2008, 12:59 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back Ka Ora.
Was there a hairy welcoming party for your return?
Old Jul 18th 2008, 4:21 pm
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

What fascinates me is how he gets through customs with those guns .........

I know, I know - he just puts em in his pocket and convinces everyone he is pleased to see them .............

Old Jul 19th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Well we have just got back, Thank god or whomever. The weather was better in England than here by the looks of things.
Great to have you back - it's too quiet without you
Glad you had a good time - did you get to have your curry and fish and chips
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:39 am

Originally Posted by Andrea50
What fascinates me is how he gets through customs with those guns .........

I know, I know - he just puts em in his pocket and convinces everyone he is pleased to see them .............

Customs and I have a special arrangement, you know a you see nothing I see nothing kind of thing.

Originally Posted by val50
Great to have you back - it's too quiet without you
Glad you had a good time - did you get to have your curry and fish and chips
Missed the Fish and Chips had a lovely Chinese and Curry has got to much sugar or golden syrup in it for my taste these days. A wonderful day was had a Duxford Flying Legends, Got to see 9 Spitfires in the air together and a Balerio which was the first French Airplane. And a bunch of female wingwalkers.

First Photo Dinner....No just a shot(Photo) I caught of a couple of Deer and the second one is six of the Spitfires. Neither is Dial Up friendly.
Attached Thumbnails Yippie were home-dsc_0603.jpg   Yippie were home-dsc_0181.jpg  
Old Jul 20th 2008, 9:51 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute

I am relieved to hear someone else nearly got chucked out from Tate Gallery as I thought I was the only one to step on exhibits thinking they were drains, switch on lights which appeared to be part of some Modernist Art thing, and try to move a rusty old bike which appeared to be stopping an old lady getting to a plaque on the wall she wanted to see. Both old bike and old girl were part of an exhibit.

Have decided to remain a proud phillistine.

Did you get to see any of the international air tattoo? 9 Eurofighters, I nearly fainted.

Sounds like a good time was had by all and it also brings it home now and again how lucky one is to live "en France".

Welcome back, Val is right, too quiet AND far too refined sometimes without our plain speaking techno-genius gunman ................
Old Jul 20th 2008, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by Andrea50
I am relieved to hear someone else nearly got chucked out from Tate Gallery as I thought I was the only one to step on exhibits thinking they were drains, switch on lights which appeared to be part of some Modernist Art thing, and try to move a rusty old bike which appeared to be stopping an old lady getting to a plaque on the wall she wanted to see. Both old bike and old girl were part of an exhibit.

Have decided to remain a proud phillistine.

Did you get to see any of the international air tattoo? 9 Eurofighters, I nearly fainted.

Sounds like a good time was had by all and it also brings it home now and again how lucky one is to live "en France".

Welcome back, Val is right, too quiet AND far too refined sometimes without our plain speaking techno-genius gunman ................
Didn't do the Air Tattoo here are some Photos from the Tate Taken with Permission, as there was a Live Art feature on and runners were running around the building so my little boy decided to join in. I had only dragged the Gang there to see Ophelia by John Everett Mills but to my dismay it was on lone to a gallery in Tokyo.
Attached Thumbnails Yippie were home-dsc_0033.jpg   Yippie were home-dsc_0034.jpg