Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Would you believe it? 2:

Wikiposts

Would you believe it? 2:

Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Would you believe it? 2:

Read in the Le Figaro:

A Swedish driver could take the rap of a record fine of one million dollars (almost 780,000 euros) for having driven at 290 km/h on the A12 autoroute, that’s 170 kph over the authorized limit, according to the report. His car a Mercedes SLS AMG was seized. He could in principle be forced to pay a daily fine of 2600 euros for 300 days.
Earlier in Jan, the ‘world record’ was logged when a multi millionaire Swiss driver was served a fine of 299,000 CHF (a little over 200,000 euros) at the wheel of a Ferrari Testarossa. Speed was 137 km/h in an 80 km/h zone. The Swiss court ordered him to pay half the sum immediately and the rest over 2 years. According to Swiss law, the amount of a fine is determined according to the wealth of the driver and his recorded speed.

Just imagine if I'm ever flashed in my 2cv (0-60 in a few hrs), they'd owe me money........
Old Aug 20th 2010, 6:51 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Would you believe it? 2:

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Just imagine if I'm ever flashed in my 2cv (0-60 in a few hrs), they'd owe me money........