World Cup

Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:40 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute
Default World Cup

Okay, it's just finished for England's match V USA. My view, the USA harrassed us and worked their collective behinds off. Heskey great playmaker not a scorer. Our defending atrocious, we let the Yanks control too much.
Okay, you views ...
Old Jun 12th 2010, 8:51 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: World Cup

Originally Posted by cjm
Okay, it's just finished for England's match V USA. My view, the USA harrassed us and worked their collective behinds off. Heskey great playmaker not a scorer. Our defending atrocious, we let the Yanks control too much.
Okay, you views ...
Hi,
didn't watch it, but could say the same for France's match against Uruguay yesterday....
Old Jun 12th 2010, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi,
didn't watch it, but could say the same for France's match against Uruguay yesterday....
I fell asleep in the armchair while watching the France - Uruguay match. I'm not a great fan of football, but do usually watch the world cup, however, that constant background noise of the horns gets on my pecs though and it's like being in a beehive.
As for England............what can I say? Apart from butterfingers the goalkeeper - I still can't he did that
Old Jun 13th 2010, 11:49 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Yep, horns not growing on me, but there was a barmy army brass section at the game, which topped them at times.

Watched some of the French game and yes, like England, a lot of highly talented players, but it seemed to me the Argies had the extra dollop of passion, as it was with the USA team. Perhaps a nothing to lose, so let's go for it approach, though Argentina could hardly be seen as a lower division national team. Maradonna though had piled on the weight and his suit looked several sizes XL to accommodate his not tall, but ample frame.

And what then with the England rugby team being wallopped in Oz .... ?
Old Jun 13th 2010, 1:24 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Butter fingers........ Has got to be the words of the day.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:25 pm

Not the result Italy were looking for...

My money is kind of on the Germans ending up in the Final if their form remains like last night.
Old Jun 14th 2010, 8:49 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

Was the rain a factor one wonders. Italy the holders, lots expected of them; I agree with KO, Germany look more than good. Clinical. Not checked results sheet but is their 4 goals the tops?

What will Friday bring for England? Have to also support France, but I can't ignore my roots ...
Old Jun 15th 2010, 7:43 am
BE Enthusiast

le plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond reputele plumber has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjm
Was the rain a factor one wonders. Italy the holders, lots expected of them; I agree with KO, Germany look more than good. Clinical. Not checked results sheet but is their 4 goals the tops?

What will Friday bring for England? Have to also support France, but I can't ignore my roots ...
You don't have to support France - I certainly don't.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:26 am
Citizenships collector...

urbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of lighturbanproject is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by le plumber
You don't have to support France - I certainly don't.
Neither do I, and I'm French

I switched allegiance a few months ago after the "prostitute" debacle...they're really a shameful lot.

Just been granted New Zealand citizenship so I'm supporting the All Whites instead. Mind you, they won't go far but at least they're fighters Agreed with Ka Ora, I think the Germans will take it home.

Jen
Old Jun 18th 2010, 6:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by urbanproject
Neither do I, and I'm French

I switched allegiance a few months ago after the "prostitute" debacle...they're really a shameful lot.

Just been granted New Zealand citizenship so I'm supporting the All Whites instead. Mind you, they won't go far but at least they're fighters Agreed with Ka Ora, I think the Germans will take it home.

Jen
Not sure about the Germans, my bet would be on the Argies. I know one thing for sure though and that is that it ain't gong to be France
Old Jun 18th 2010, 7:13 am
cjm
BE Forum Addict

After Mexico, it certainly won't be France. What a lacklustre performance. Argentina are growing in confidence and creativity and may go all the way, certainly Germany will go forward at least to the last 16. Tonight we shall see if England is likely to join them.
The option of supporting France has been taken away by their useless games; perhaps they are exhausted by their off-field activities!!!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 7:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by cjm
After Mexico, it certainly won't be France. What a lacklustre performance. Argentina are growing in confidence and creativity and may go all the way, certainly Germany will go forward at least to the last 16. Tonight we shall see if England is likely to join them.
The option of supporting France has been taken away by their useless games; perhaps they are exhausted by their off-field activities!!!
You've got to admit that these guys really are paid FAR too much for the performance they give. I haven't put on the radio yet, but I bet their ears are burning!!
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by le plumber
You've got to admit that these guys really are paid FAR too much for the performance they give. I haven't put on the radio yet, but I bet their ears are burning!!
When I went into my local at lunch time the conversation about the French team was not good. I like to see this World Cup shape up into a Underdogs competition.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:14 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

It may happen with Germany down to 10 and a goal behind to Serbia.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjm
It may happen with Germany down to 10 and a goal behind to Serbia.
Final score: They LOST to Serbia 1:0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.