Reload this Page >

work/unemployment benfefit

work/unemployment benfefit

Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:04 pm
Forum Regular

danjon16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default work/unemployment benfefit

Hello

I would like some advice if anyone knows the answers.

I have been in France for 28 months and I have worked for 22 months for local french employers. My second 6 month contract is just coming to an end for 1 employer and I think that he will not offer me a full time position with a CDI therefore my contract will end. Does anyone know what unemployment benefits I will be entitled too, in regards to how much and for how long.

I have also heard from a friend that if you are unemployed and job seeking that you will recieve free french courses and possibly courses to gain further qualifications?

any help will be appreciated

Cheers
Old Sep 9th 2009, 7:44 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: work/unemployment benfefit

Originally Posted by danjon16
Hello

I would like some advice if anyone knows the answers.

I have been in France for 28 months and I have worked for 22 months for local french employers. My second 6 month contract is just coming to an end for 1 employer and I think that he will not offer me a full time position with a CDI therefore my contract will end. Does anyone know what unemployment benefits I will be entitled too, in regards to how much and for how long.

I have also heard from a friend that if you are unemployed and job seeking that you will recieve free french courses and possibly courses to gain further qualifications?

any help will be appreciated

Cheers
Hi,
If your contract isn't renewed, then go to register as unemployed at your local Pole-Emploi (find it on www.pole-emploi.fr) and they'll tell you what benefits you might be entitled to if they can't find you work, and whether French lessons and courses are available. Remember to take all your contracts, payslips, proof of residence, etc...
Hope this helps!
Old Sep 13th 2009, 3:58 pm
Just Joined

chuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant futurechuba has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi,
If your contract isn't renewed, then go to register as unemployed at your local Pole-Emploi (find it on www.pole-emploi.fr) and they'll tell you what benefits you might be entitled to if they can't find you work, and whether French lessons and courses are available. Remember to take all your contracts, payslips, proof of residence, etc...
Hope this helps!
You will get around 60-70% of ur last salary if you sign on, this lasts about 12 months after that u will get a massive reduction if u qualify for a special benefit cant remember what its called tho.
Old Sep 27th 2009, 5:53 am
Forum Regular

danjon16 is an unknown quantity at this point

ok, thanks for your replies