Reload this Page >

Work and Taxation

Work and Taxation

Old Sep 8th 2009, 9:48 am
Just Joined

superdj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Work and Taxation

Hi

New to group, and i guess my question may have been asked before, but here goes. I have been offered the chance to work in France for three years on a contractor basis. I understand under reciprocal tax agreements that makes me eligible for signing up to French Taxation and Social Security systems.

No problem there, always happy paying my own way, but i am struggling to find an accountancy firm that doesn’t charge thousands of Euros for doing it.

My thoughts are:

1. A few extra charges for filling forms in and getting my onto the tax system
2. Same again for the social security.
3. Then a few €s a week for basically filling a form in that says. **hours worked (x) ** euros per hour (minus) *** euros expenses.

Does it really need to be anymore complex than that? The more i speak to companies, the more i am beginning to feel they are trying to scare me into signing with tales of the Bastille and horrors of Mont St Michel. Problem is that they are making it seem a pointless exercise working in France as i will end up in a soup kitchen at the end of my working week.

One quote i had would have ended up costing over €6000 per annum, just for the priveledge of paying tax, and they didn’t even take any liability for it being right!!!

Any advice or better still recommended accountants would be fantastic

Regards

Dave .
Old Sep 8th 2009, 11:04 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Work and Taxation

a few questions;
where will you be working?
why isnt your contracting agency paying/ organising your tax?

then
social security is claimed for first 2 years on E106 no payments to make; based on your last 2 yrs payments to NI in UK; after that then E101 from your contracting comapny

perhaps the easiest is to PM me; my husband has been contracting here in toulouse for 5 years now and I am a little clearer on the tax etc issues
and the social sec;

I also know a reasonably good accountant but cannot advertise him here
Old Sep 8th 2009, 4:03 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
a few questions;

then
social security is claimed for first 2 years on E106 no payments to make; based on your last 2 yrs payments to NI in UK; after that then E101 from your contracting comapny

perhaps the easiest is to PM me; my husband has been contracting here in toulouse for 5 years now and I am a little clearer on the tax etc issues
and the social sec;

PM him the details, But as long as its a third party Acc then there is no issue with posting the details, If the Acc does not have a web site then keep it to the PM's as he might not want his details plastered on a forum.
Old Sep 8th 2009, 5:52 pm
Just Joined

superdj is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
a few questions;

then

and the social sec;

Thank you. Will drop you a PM now.