Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Wives! Who'd have 'em!

Wives! Who'd have 'em!

Old Jul 30th 2019, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Wives! Who'd have 'em!

It's all in the title.......or rather, perhaps I should rephrase it. French wives! Who'd have 'em?
I've mentioned in a previous post that Mme TP is somewhat of a worrier, and in fact when there's really nothing to worry about - like at the moment, she'll worry!
Over the last month or so I've been brow-beaten that we need to change our mattress. Ok, the bedroom suite and mattress we purchased 12 years ago on moving, so perhaps she's right that the mattress should now be changed. It's taken a short while for me to buy into this, but to ensure that calm reigns I've conceded. We'll get a good new mattress. One point to 'er in the blue corner.
Then she delivered a sneaky, sharp blow which I didn't see coming.
She now informs me that one shouldn't purchase a new mattress without changing the bed frame, quoting: The mattress takes care of comfort while the bed frame provides support, so one must devote as much importance to the bed frame as the mattress. Although she's a brilliant housewife, she's generally devoid of all business sense, so I can't help wondering what promotional web sites she's been reading, and apparently believing.
He in the red corner is ready to put up a good fight, but is rapidly tiring. Should I deliver a knock-out punch, put her up on LeBonCoin for worst offers, or both?
All comments (and offers) welcome.
Old Jul 30th 2019, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Wives! Who'd have 'em!

Hi TP
My DD in London recently changed her mattress.
She went for one of those new ones that is advertised on tv.
Emma??
She swears by it.
Why don't you suggest getting a new mattress to start with and see how it goes.
If Mme TP is in the mood then perhaps it is her OH who next on the "to be replaced" list.
Old Jul 30th 2019, 12:28 pm
Gloves off

BuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond reputeBuckinghamshireBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
... put her up on LeBonCoin for worst offers, or both?
All comments (and offers) welcome.

I find that I am substituting the acronym IQ (IKEA Queen) for OH more frequently when posting.

Just a few moments ago:

"BB, I'm going down to the big Carrefour, can I get you anything?"

Muffled reply from behind sofa: "Whose card are you taking?"

Courage, mon pote.

Old Jul 30th 2019, 3:19 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
Hi TP
My DD in London recently changed her mattress.
She went for one of those new ones that is advertised on tv.
Emma??
She swears by it.
Why don't you suggest getting a new mattress to start with and see how it goes.
If Mme TP is in the mood then perhaps it is her OH who next on the "to be replaced" list.
I've got the 'EVE' mattress as advertised, and yes it's very comfortable..
Old Jul 30th 2019, 4:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Had a memory foam mattresses for around 15 years. Wonderful I can’t feel hubby twitching and fidgeting about. Got one of those electronic beds...if he annoys me I stick him in the zero gravity position.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 8:12 am
Correze, The Limousin

Chris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond repute

My old wife left some years ago, and I later acquired a new one.

However, the mattress (over 12 years old) remains. The bed was bought at John Lewis, and has given good service over the last 12-plus years, however, I like to turn the mattress regularly, but this mattress is layered wool, and extremely heavy, and I am older, and more frail now.

I have been looking at the "Eve" and "Emma" mattresses on line, and have seen mixed reviews.

Can anyone else confirm that they are a good buy - I have always preferred a slightly more rigid mattress, but current back problems suggest that a softer one may be more comfortable.

Can they be purchased in France, and has anyone had any bad experiences with them?

Ta.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 10:32 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris'nJulie
My old wife left some years ago, and I later acquired a new one.

However, the mattress (over 12 years old) remains. The bed was bought at John Lewis, and has given good service over the last 12-plus years, however, I like to turn the mattress regularly, but this mattress is layered wool, and extremely heavy, and I am older, and more frail now.

I have been looking at the "Eve" and "Emma" mattresses on line, and have seen mixed reviews.

Can anyone else confirm that they are a good buy - I have always preferred a slightly more rigid mattress, but current back problems suggest that a softer one may be more comfortable.

Can they be purchased in France, and has anyone had any bad experiences with them?

Ta.
There is an advert for one of them on french tv but I haven't paid much attention to it.

Old Jul 31st 2019, 10:39 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
There is an advert for one of them on french tv but I haven't paid much attention to it.
I never pay much attention to any adverts on French TV, but Emma struck me as being a funny name for a mattress. They're both available in France, as per:

https://www.evematelas.fr/

https://www.emma-matelas.fr/
Old Jul 31st 2019, 10:42 am
Correze, The Limousin

Chris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond reputeChris'nJulie has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you - that's helpful. I'll have a look.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 11:49 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

I'd love to have a wife. I'd get so much more done. You guys don't realise how lucky you are
Old Jul 31st 2019, 11:50 am
Correze, The Limousin

They do have their disadvantages...
Old Jul 31st 2019, 12:11 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat094 has a reputation beyond repute

Nah! I'm a wife and I'm brilliant. I just need another me
Old Jul 31st 2019, 12:17 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vitalstatistix
Nah! I'm a wife and I'm brilliant. I just need another me
Old Jul 31st 2019, 1:08 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Chris'nJulie
They do have their disadvantages...
How can that be when because they are always right.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 1:20 pm
Correze, The Limousin

They may think they are always right. Sometimes it's best to let them think that they are, at other times a little remonstration is appropriate!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.