Why France?

Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:45 am
Just Joined

Sarah McC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Why France?

Can anyone tell me if you moved to France because it offers you a better deal financially than different countries?

For example, are tax rates lower? Are pensions or other payouts better? Do you avoid inheritance tax??

Or is all the comparable to what we have back here in the UK?

Thank you!

Sarah
Old Apr 8th 2008, 10:55 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Why France?

Originally Posted by Sarah McC
Can anyone tell me if you moved to France because it offers you a better deal financially than different countries?

For example, are tax rates lower? Are pensions or other payouts better? Do you avoid inheritance tax??

Or is all the comparable to what we have back here in the UK?

Thank you!

Sarah
I like the wine, lifestyle, some of the people, it's warmer, you get real snow. And the food is better for you.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 11:30 am
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light

Nope. We moved here for the same reasons as Ka Ora! Actually, we knew we would be taking a big step down financially, but prefer the way of life here.

Personally, I don't think anyone moves to France for financial reasons, however if you asked this question in the Channel Islands Forum, you would get some yes's there!
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:02 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

We originally came here because we couldn't get the cats back to the UK.
Then it was the swans on the river.
For financial reasons we left.
Money is not something to move here for.
Rural France - all I know - is depopulated for a very good reason.
No work.
No money.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:04 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by treskillard
We originally came here because we couldn't get the cats back to the UK.
Then it was the swans on the river.
For financial reasons we left.
Money is not something to move here for.
Rural France - all I know - is depopulated for a very good reason.
No work.
No money.
Downer man.....your not wrong there very little hands on farm laboring not much in the towns. Making babies seem to be the biggest activity around here...Suits me
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:14 pm
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
Downer man.....your not wrong there very little hands on farm laboring not much in the towns. Making babies seem to be the biggest activity around here...Suits me
Carry on Sergeant.
Old Apr 8th 2008, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

Sarah McC is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all your replies!