Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Where has Grannybunz gone?

Where has Grannybunz gone?

Old Jun 13th 2020, 7:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Where has Grannybunz gone?

I just noticed that gb hasn't been on since 2019.
Hope she is ok.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 8:50 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Where has Grannybunz gone?

Hi all
I have just answered my own question.
I did a search on the internet and found that gb died in April 2020.
Really sorry to discover that because I enjoyed her contributions to the forum.

Old Jun 13th 2020, 8:57 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cyrian
Hi all
I'm so sorry to hear this.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 9:02 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear that we have lost such a lively and friendly member.

Rosemary

Old Jun 13th 2020, 9:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I just noticed that gb hasn't been on since 2019.
Hope she is ok.
I was wondering the same thing just a few months back as she was an interesting contributor to the forum. Sad to hear she passed away.

I'm intrigued how you found that information from a web search. Can you please advise how? Surely a search using a forum name wouldn't throw up an individual's personal details, especially their passing.
I'm asking this as a very good ex-work colleague stopped corresponding with me 3 years ago. He was single, in his 80's with no family that I was aware of. So I presume he passed away, but was unable to positively confirm that or whether he was confined to a retirement home.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I was wondering the same thing just a few months back as she was an interesting contributor to the forum. Sad to hear she passed away.

I'm intrigued how you found that information from a web search. Can you please advise how? Surely a search using a forum name wouldn't throw up an individual's personal details, especially their passing.
I'm asking this as a very good ex-work colleague stopped corresponding with me 3 years ago. He was single, in his 80's with no family that I was aware of. So I presume he passed away, but was unable to positively confirm that or whether he was confined to a retirement home.
I knew who she was - what her name was and what she was famous for.
The web search threw up a newspaper article of her background and death.
You could try an obituary search of local newspapers in your friend's area.
I don't think I am breaking any forum rules if I post the link Here
Old Jun 13th 2020, 10:13 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

That's very sad news. I remember Grannybunz as an eminently sensible, positive contributor who gave off good vibes.
Old Jun 13th 2020, 10:21 am

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

I knew who she was - what her name was and what she was famous for.
The web search threw up a newspaper article of her background and death.
You could try an obituary search of local newspapers in your friend's area.
I don't think I am breaking any forum rules if I post the link Here
No you are not breaking any rules. I am sure that many members on the France forum will be glad that you did this for them.

Rosemary
Old Jun 13th 2020, 10:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

@cyrian,
A very interesting article. Many thanks for posting!
Old Jun 14th 2020, 1:13 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Hi all
That is sad news indeed. Condolences to her family and friends.

She was a great poster to BE and a very talented lady.

M
Old Jun 14th 2020, 6:23 am
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

RIP grannybunz.
Old Jun 14th 2020, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

There are several others who used to post regularly, but seemingly have gone 'absent without leave' since 2017.
Namely Im_and_ER, Loy loy, and dennerlymum. Possibly returned to UK or.......??