Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

What events in NW Fr. in August 2012 to see/do?

What events in NW Fr. in August 2012 to see/do?

Old Aug 31st 2011, 8:10 pm
Old hand

Larana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What events in NW Fr. in August 2012 to see/do?

Ok, not quite an ex-pat question, although it may be of use to others.

We're off to Saumur in August 2012, arriving on the 11th, and staying locally.

We'd like to take advantage of the trip to take in any events, either for children (young) or for adults that young kids might like, that may be taking place at that time.

So, we're arriving in Cherbourg and making our way to Saumur along I don't know where exactly what road (that's the fun!), but we don't have to get to the gite in the same day. ie, we can stop some place if there's some activity going on - son et lumiere, for example.

While our arrival date, therefore, is the 11th, we could go earlier if recommended. Indeed, our departure from the gite is the 18th, but we could spend a couple more nights heading back to Cherbourg in roughly that direction if there we some other event(s) going on.

Doesn't have to be in Saumur exactly; could be Angers or similar towns (a few years back we had a lovely time in Anger when they had their festival of the sea). Or any town/village on the route from Caen downwards.

As I write I feel I'm not being very clear, but I hope you guys understand - basically we're very flexible re: going and coming dates, and need to entertain the young ones on the way. We like stuff like the afore-mentioned son et lumiere, but also local bike races, (flea) markets etc.

Any thoughts and specific info or links to other sites, whether in French or not, would be very appreciated.

A bientot!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:06 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What events in NW Fr. in August 2012 to see/do?

Welcome to the Forum

Originally Posted by Larana
Ok, not quite an ex-pat question, although it may be of use to others.

We're off to Saumur in August 2012, arriving on the 11th, and staying locally.

We'd like to take advantage of the trip to take in any events, either for children (young) or for adults that young kids might like, that may be taking place at that time.

So, we're arriving in Cherbourg and making our way to Saumur along I don't know where exactly what road (that's the fun!), but we don't have to get to the gite in the same day. ie, we can stop some place if there's some activity going on - son et lumiere, for example.

While our arrival date, therefore, is the 11th, we could go earlier if recommended. Indeed, our departure from the gite is the 18th, but we could spend a couple more nights heading back to Cherbourg in roughly that direction if there we some other event(s) going on.

Doesn't have to be in Saumur exactly; could be Angers or similar towns (a few years back we had a lovely time in Anger when they had their festival of the sea). Or any town/village on the route from Caen downwards.

As I write I feel I'm not being very clear, but I hope you guys understand - basically we're very flexible re: going and coming dates, and need to entertain the young ones on the way. We like stuff like the afore-mentioned son et lumiere, but also local bike races, (flea) markets etc.

Any thoughts and specific info or links to other sites, whether in French or not, would be very appreciated.

A bientot!
Old Aug 31st 2011, 9:11 pm
Old hand

Larana is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: What events in NW Fr. in August 2012 to see/do?

Mucky buckets.