Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

What area in South of France do you live

What area in South of France do you live

Old Aug 28th 2019, 5:07 am
Just Joined

Roosterbooster1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default What area in South of France do you live

Hi me and my wive are moving to the south of France next year, absolutly love the place what areas are popular with brits and has a good community, thanks
Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: What area in South of France do you live

The south of France is a vast area. What are you looking for - mountains? sea? near communications elswhere, isolated , I gues not,
We live in rural Provence in a hameau with absolutely no Brits too nearby though we are friends with several nationalities of like -minded people. For ua we just want to live in a lovely friendly community where peole of all ages get on well.Take part in local events and be able to pass the time of day and exchange garden produce and eggs and, in return because we are getting on be offered help with such things as trimmming the cyprus trees or stacking the logs.

I would run a mile - sorry kilometer from anywhere that was "popular with the Brits!" but we do speak French do you?

Last edited by grannybunz; Aug 28th 2019 at 3:39 pm. Reason: Snarly up wordings!
Old Aug 28th 2019, 3:42 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

When I'm in France, which I am now, I live in the North-West part of "southern" France.

No other Brits here either.

Last edited by Novocastrian; Aug 28th 2019 at 3:44 pm.
Old Aug 28th 2019, 4:14 pm
Just Joined

Roosterbooster1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Think we go to toulouse or a village close by really nice place, going to drive out there next month to do some touring
Old Aug 29th 2019, 6:30 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roosterbooster1
Think we go to toulouse or a village close by really nice place, going to drive out there next month to do some touring
You shouldn't move here based on Brits, Brexit is having an impact which is still evolving it's surprising the number of people that are upping sticks and returning.

Without knowing you and what your into I'm guessing you don't work for Airbus and are not tied to Toulouse for that reason. So you are probably better off looking in places like Carcassonne, Mirepoix or out to Castres.

Toulouse is ok I know it well, I died there once I don't recommend it....

Hospitals are excellent obviously because I'm writing this.

The south can be deceiving it gets feking hot +45 in the summer and you can see -20 in the winter in the non mountainous parts

Last edited by Chatter Static; Aug 29th 2019 at 6:35 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 10:33 am
Just Joined

yvone is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there,
Am looking to move to south of France can anyone help wanted to know if Bompas is a good area to live in its about 5 mins drive on the bus from Perpignan.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 12:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yvone
Hi there,
Am looking to move to south of France can anyone help wanted to know if Bompas is a good area to live in its about 5 mins drive on the bus from Perpignan.
No idea but we usually only pass Perpignan on our way to Girona region in Spain. There seems to be some rough area just down the road from Bompas.This is taken from Street View and is from 2015, so not sure if still same but probably one area to avoid. Just depends what you are looking for. Otherwise it seems fine and is just like many other areas around there.

Last edited by Moses2013; Oct 1st 2019 at 12:48 pm.
Old Oct 1st 2019, 5:00 pm
Just Joined

yvone is an unknown quantity at this point

Thank you Moses 2013, am looking at the George Clemenceau avenue actually, it in the town