Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Whack em, pack em and stack em ........

Whack em, pack em and stack em ........

Old Apr 4th 2009, 9:31 am
Grey Bombshell

Andrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond reputeAndrea50 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Whack em, pack em and stack em ........

My love for France cannot be diminished, but this packing mallarky is driving me totally round the virage.

The entire flat is filled with boxes and bin bags. Wherever you look, there are boxes and bin bags. When I awake, there are boxes. When I go to sleep, I use a bin bag filled with cushions for a pillow. And if I wake up for a pee in the night, it's like a Jeux sans Frontier obstacle race, as one stubs one's toe on the bread maker, then you slide onto your ass on a spare bin bag, you pick yourself up and whack yer head on overhanging unpacked-as-yet extending Christmas Tree Parts, and then to cap it all you slide again on another bin bag and end up covered with falling plastic flowers which are too long to fit in any boxes and too stiff to go in a bin bag.

And this flat is SO small - where did all this flippin stuff come from?

It's like living in a Pickfords lorry. And all the time, hanging over me like a puppy waiting to pee, is the thought we have to get the whole damn lot down a flight of stairs, into a lorry, then at the other end, out of a lorry and into another rabbit hutch.

It better be worth it and even if I don't like it there, I aint goin nowhere except next door into the graveyard in a wooden box......

Anyone got any funny moving stories to cheer me up?
Old Apr 4th 2009, 9:40 am

Cleri is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Whack em, pack em and stack em ........

Originally Posted by Andrea50
My love for France cannot be diminished, but this packing mallarky is driving me totally round the virage.

The entire flat is filled with boxes and bin bags. Wherever you look, there are boxes and bin bags. When I awake, there are boxes. When I go to sleep, I use a bin bag filled with cushions for a pillow. And if I wake up for a pee in the night, it's like a Jeux sans Frontier obstacle race, as one stubs one's toe on the bread maker, then you slide onto your ass on a spare bin bag, you pick yourself up and whack yer head on overhanging unpacked-as-yet extending Christmas Tree Parts, and then to cap it all you slide again on another bin bag and end up covered with falling plastic flowers which are too long to fit in any boxes and too stiff to go in a bin bag.

And this flat is SO small - where did all this flippin stuff come from?

It's like living in a Pickfords lorry. And all the time, hanging over me like a puppy waiting to pee, is the thought we have to get the whole damn lot down a flight of stairs, into a lorry, then at the other end, out of a lorry and into another rabbit hutch.

It better be worth it and even if I don't like it there, I aint goin nowhere except next door into the graveyard in a wooden box......

Anyone got any funny moving stories to cheer me up?
No,but that made me laugh out loud!
Old Apr 4th 2009, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Whack em, pack em and stack em ........

Not a funny story, but a word of advice. However many black sacks and boxes you have, and how ever many times you fall over them, don't be tempted to give any of it away. We moved here last April and as you know, like you, we love, love love it. However, despite being blissfully happy, like many of us on here we are living on a very tight budget. I now regret the tons of stuff we donated to our offspring in order to simplify the move, and our lives. So many times we have said, "Ah! Where's the so and so....?" Oh yeah, we gave it to the kids. BAD mistake. Time for all of us of a certain age to be selfish.. Come on girls we can do it! Having said that.. it's my baby's 21st Birthday tomorrow, how much should I transfer??