Weather

Old Jul 3rd 2015, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weather

I really feel the cold.
In fact I can't wait for summer to arrive.....
Old Jul 18th 2015, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

My above was obviously a tongue in cheek comment.

Seriously now, to cope with this exceptionally hot summer, can anyone suggest a good, reliable and efficient mobile air-con unit?
We had planned to have air-con installed this spring, having discussed in detail with out plumber who suggested several different installation possibilities. We asked for a written estimate (planned on getting 3), but regrettably never heard back from him - which is typical of our luck with local plumbers. They're really quite a disaster in terms of customer service!
We have a couple of Dyson ventilators which are good, but no real match for current conditions.
So, at least until the year is out, would like to ease the stifling temperatures with a mobile air-con unit. Any good (or bad) experiences?
Old Jul 18th 2015, 9:51 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Is this what you mean?
Attached Thumbnails Weather-punkah-wallah.jpg  
Old Jul 18th 2015, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

bigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond reputebigglesworth has a reputation beyond repute

Operating instructions here

"It Ain't Half Hot Mum" The Mutiny of the Punka Wallahs (TV Episode 1974) - IMDb
Old Jul 18th 2015, 9:54 am
BE Forum Addict

This is quite cooling too I understand

Old Jul 18th 2015, 10:12 am
Forum Regular

Bonnet is an unknown quantity at this point

This spring we had heating and air con installed by Alsun France. Speedy installation, great service, uses very little energy and so easy to operate even I can do it.
I love it...

Now all it needs to do is water the garden, tho after the blessed rain last night it is cooler with some movement of air and the plants have picked their heads up. Until last night even heat tolerant old plantings were drooping.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 10:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Biggles,
Thanks for the smiles. I owe you a friendly pint when I see you - how's about a strychnine shandy ......
Old Jul 18th 2015, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bonnet
This spring we had heating and air con installed by Alsun France. Speedy installation, great service, uses very little energy and so easy to operate even I can do it.
I love it...

Now all it needs to do is water the garden, tho after the blessed rain last night it is cooler with some movement of air and the plants have picked their heads up. Until last night even heat tolerant old plantings were drooping.

Now, talking of drooping........
Old Jul 18th 2015, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Bonnet is an unknown quantity at this point

We all have our crosses to bear...
Old Jul 18th 2015, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

Blackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud ofBlackladder has much to be proud of

With this heat, we are plagued by wasps and hornets - I trapped 12 hornets first day and 17 second day in one of those brilliant wasp and hornet traps which you fill with beer - but it doesn't stop the wasps gathering at the table every time we eat. Amazingly, they turn up in pairs out of nowhere, a mere 20 seconds after we sit down to eat. Anybody got a good wasp deterrent for use at table? And - ahem Tweedie and Novo, I have considered the Thermonuclear Device Option, and rejected it as it would disturb too many people at lunch!
Blackie
Old Jul 18th 2015, 12:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

I remember when the temperature reached 20C in Newcastle the Journal would headline "Phew, what a scorcher!" Chance would be a fine thing.

Even our usual routines of opening and shutting doors windows and shutters is struggling at the moment. The night times are worst even with a fan in every room. The garden and potager have to be watered twice a day - before 6.00am and after dusk and even then the balcony geraniums are giving up.

Only solution is to lie down a lot and spend the time watching le Tour with a cooling drink.

Our neighbour has an airconditioning business but the shape and age of our house means installing it would not be practicable. I hate the stuff any way.

Haven't had a drop of rain forover 3 weeks.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 2:02 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Blackladder
Anybody got a good wasp deterrent for use at table? And - ahem Tweedie and Novo, I have considered the Thermonuclear Device Option, and rejected it as it would disturb too many people at lunch!
Blackie
Fried chicken and okra chitlin's?
Old Jul 18th 2015, 2:06 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by grannybunz
I remember when the temperature reached 20C in Newcastle the Journal would headline "Phew, what a scorcher!" Chance would be a fine thing.
I'm in Newcastle right now. It's about 15C.... no scorcher.

I"ll be arriving in Normandy on Wednesday and I assume it will be the same there by then.
Old Jul 18th 2015, 2:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

grannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond reputegrannybunz has a reputation beyond repute

Have a ham'n pease puddin stottie for me!
Old Jul 18th 2015, 2:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
Biggles,
Thanks for the smiles. I owe you a friendly pint when I see you - how's about a strychnine shandy ......
I added strychnine to mouse bait many years ago.
The little bu**er got about 6" and was stiff as a board.
I know that it was illegal but it solved the problem.
Better to stick to tonic.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.