Weather

Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:06 am
Just Joined

Ciao2you has a spectacular aura aboutCiao2you has a spectacular aura aboutCiao2you has a spectacular aura about
Default Weather

Hi. I'm Christine and my husband is Nicholas. We have just jointed this site and are hoping that someone can give us some sound advice... We are considering moving to the Calais area but with Nicholas travelling on the Eurotunnel to work a couple of days a week in england. Firstly - is this viable...is anyone else doing it.... also I need to know if Calais is any warmer that the UK or even if the seasons are more reliable. I suffer from arthritis and I need warmer weather. I know it still snows there but if the summer/spring seasons are longer or more reliable then I'd cope. Can anyone help - please.
Christine
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:33 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Weather

Every time i have been through Calais the weather is on par with Kent as for using the Chunnel a couple of times a week it's going to add up so unless he's earning a lot it will not be that viable. But good luck have a look about.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 10:50 am
Just Joined

Ciao2you has a spectacular aura aboutCiao2you has a spectacular aura aboutCiao2you has a spectacular aura about

Thanks for that. We've looked at the costs and it looks (roughly) like it would be £50 per day, which is a lot but depending upon the work he had to do in the UK would hopefully be worth it. Do you stay in stay in Calais or just travel through.
Christine
Old Apr 6th 2008, 1:58 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Always passing through bit of shopping that sort of thing.
Old Apr 6th 2008, 5:19 pm
Just Joined

C moi is on a distinguished road

The weather in Calais, as it has been said before is like in South Kent. It rains quite a lot, sometimes snows and is not typical of the weather you imagine when thinking of France. I had a friend living in Belgium (not far from Calais) who used to say it rained more in Belgium than in the UK!
Old Apr 7th 2008, 6:24 am
Just Joined

thanks for the feedback - does anyone on this networking site live in Calais or northern France???

cheers
Christine
Old Apr 7th 2008, 7:27 am
down under where

treskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond reputetreskillard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ciao2you
thanks for the feedback - does anyone on this networking site live in Calais or northern France???

cheers
Christine
Oh no, it's too cold and rainy