Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Weapons amnesty for owners of illegal arms

Weapons amnesty for owners of illegal arms

Old Dec 1st 2022, 12:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Weapons amnesty for owners of illegal arms

The amnesty in France for handing in any undeclared weapons started 25th Nov and lasts until Dec 2nd (tomorrow).
Thought this heads-up may be useful for those who don't listen/watch or read the French media and may be unaware of THIS sudden initiative of the Interior Ministry.
Weapons can be taken to prefectures, police stations and certain gun stores.
If yourselves should have or know of any neighbours who have an old shotgun, bayonet or similar displayed above the mantlepiece or stored away, the chances are it would come under this amnesty and should be handed in.
I had some doubt on what category black-powder pistols and rifles were listed under. This LINK may assist to clarify.
If in doubt put the question to the amnesty stations stated above.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Dec 1st 2022 at 12:51 pm.
Old Dec 8th 2022, 11:41 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Weapons amnesty for owners of illegal arms

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
The amnesty in France for handing in any undeclared weapons started 25th Nov and lasts until Dec 2nd (tomorrow).
Thought this heads-up may be useful for those who don't listen/watch or read the French media and may be unaware of THIS sudden initiative of the Interior Ministry.
Weapons can be taken to prefectures, police stations and certain gun stores.
If yourselves should have or know of any neighbours who have an old shotgun, bayonet or similar displayed above the mantlepiece or stored away, the chances are it would come under this amnesty and should be handed in.
I had some doubt on what category black-powder pistols and rifles were listed under. This LINK may assist to clarify.
If in doubt put the question to the amnesty stations stated above.
I'm thankful that I spontaneously handed over OH's undeclared rifle, shotgun and ammunition last year. Not to the local Gendarmerie (no Commissariat in my neck of the woods), but to the local armurerie, which proceeded to hand over a pile of paperwork to fill in. The Interior Ministry sent me 3 mails at the time, and nothing since then. File closed, as far as I'm concerned.