Reload this Page >

ways to subsidise houshold costs

Wikiposts

ways to subsidise houshold costs

Old Aug 4th 2010, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

waynet is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ways to subsidise houshold costs

I have been wondering about how many different ways there is to subsidise the household bills, the feul in france is cheaper i know that but what sort of other things can be done to make savings,IE a pollytunnel and chickens for eggs,to subsidise the kitchen,ANYONE GOT ANY MORE GOOD IDEAS.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 1:59 am
BE Enthusiast

wetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nicewetwang is just really nice
Default Re: ways to subsidise houshold costs

As you are from Co Durham you will be familiar with Viz.

Their 'Top Tip' one issue was drying out a used tea bag so it could be used again.
Not sure that keeping chickens is any cheaper than buying eggs.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 2:01 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by waynet
I have been wondering about how many different ways there is to subsidise the household bills, the feul in france is cheaper i know that but what sort of other things can be done to make savings,IE a pollytunnel and chickens for eggs,to subsidise the kitchen,ANYONE GOT ANY MORE GOOD IDEAS.
Wood central heating is a lot cheaper than the normal fuels, But more manual work is needed. Geo thermal stuff as well.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 3:02 am
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

White vinegar in a spray bottle makes as an excellent and friendly cleaning product in the bathroom and kitchen to clean down surfaces. Add a touch of bicarbonate of soda and you've got an awesome cleaning product.
You could create your own bio-diesel for a vehicle, catch fish, poach rabbits, grow your own veg, make your own wine etc. etc. Many ways to save costs, but some things can't be avoided unfortunately.
Old Aug 5th 2010, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

Go out wild harvesting;

Last weekend I picked 7kg of elderberries and 5kg of various wild plums, which I made into jam and coulis; you can then either eat the result or trade for other things with friends or perhaps even sell to the odd colleague (although technically you should be a business to do this)
Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Su Hathaway is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

Have you considered earning a second income to help out a bit?
I sell cards/gift wrap etc from home in UK to family & friends to add a bit of extra for treats etc . I know there are major opportunities to do this in France too for the same company that has just launched in France. It's very sociable and brings in some extra income without it seeming like work.

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in.

Su