watch out!

Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute
Default watch out!

Here's a story to make you think:

Went along to my notaires today to get the decompte de pret for the signing day next tues.

On glancing through the list of figures, I noticed a sum of nearly 5000 euros called frais de mainlevé; not quite sure what it was I asked the assistant what it was for ; 'Oh it is just to take off the hypotheque from your house' she said.
Slightly stunned I pointed out that our new bank had said it should cost 1000 euros MAX. 'Dont worry' said she, 'we will refund you if there is any left.' But we need the money for the deposit on our new house I said... 'Oh dear' she said.

I left, disgruntled. An hour later I opened my emails to discover a new email and that with no explanation, the said sum had been reduced to 1400 euros!

Imagine if I had not noticed or understood the problem? It seems that there are still notaires out there that are trying to take you for a ride!!

The moral of the story is; know how much you should be paying and make sure the notaire knows you know!!
Old Jan 27th 2011, 6:47 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: watch out!

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
Here's a story to make you think:

Went along to my notaires today to get the decompte de pret for the signing day next tues.

On glancing through the list of figures, I noticed a sum of nearly 5000 euros called frais de mainlevé; not quite sure what it was I asked the assistant what it was for ; 'Oh it is just to take off the hypotheque from your house' she said.
Slightly stunned I pointed out that our new bank had said it should cost 1000 euros MAX. 'Dont worry' said she, 'we will refund you if there is any left.' But we need the money for the deposit on our new house I said... 'Oh dear' she said.

I left, disgruntled. An hour later I opened my emails to discover a new email and that with no explanation, the said sum had been reduced to 1400 euros!

Imagine if I had not noticed or understood the problem? It seems that there are still notaires out there that are trying to take you for a ride!!

The moral of the story is; know how much you should be paying and make sure the notaire knows you know!!
IMHO Notaires get away with a lot. Having a Hypotheque put on our house was such a pain in the rear, But im sure a lot of the fault was with CA
Old Jan 27th 2011, 7:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

dennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond reputedennerlymum has a reputation beyond repute

DON'T get me on the subject of banks!!!!

About to stage a sit in at our delightful old bank unpopulaire tomorrow in order to get an answer about little queries about the charges they intend to levy on Tuesday; apparently they haven't a clue what the exact figure we will finally owe them on Tuesday; they can only estimate, levy huge estimated charges to cover the estimate, which they may or may not return in the future... and there is also the thorny issue of the 3% frais de décompte which they think they might , thought then again might not, levy.

I sent a letter AR 2 weeks ago to set out my queries; no reply by today so went to visit; phonecall promised none came .... so I have a bit of free time tomorrow that I think Ill use very profitably by staging a sit in
Old Jan 28th 2011, 7:18 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
I think maybe it was your "étabissement de crédit" = bank that was demanding the sum of 5000€ for your main levée (and the Notaire passed it on in his Décompte). I googled "taux de main levée" and the rate was up to 0,75% of the initial sum borrowed, so you can easily calculate.
The Notaire's fees are based on the sale price of the property, he's not concerned with any loan arrangements. I suspect it's your favourite bank trying to take you for a ride, adding a whacking fee on to the official main levée
Good luck with them today and don't leave them without an official statement of what you'll owe them and the dates of repayment. Estimates aren't sufficient at this stage...
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

indeed!

have to work so hubby is there today, armed with a stinking letter in French outlining what we need them to do and politely endind with the fact that he is not leaving until he has written answers!!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 7:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

SUCCESS!!!

after a very polite standoff and a refusal to accept any less than we had demanded in our letter, hubby left armed with an official letter annulling the 3% charge and agreeing to refund all other fees asap!
Old Jan 28th 2011, 8:57 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dennerlymum
SUCCESS!!!

after a very polite standoff and a refusal to accept any less than we had demanded in our letter, hubby left armed with an official letter annulling the 3% charge and agreeing to refund all other fees asap!
Bravo!!