Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Warning for customers of Orange

Wikiposts

Warning for customers of Orange

Old Nov 3rd 2012, 8:31 pm
Forum Regular

cmread is just really nicecmread is just really nicecmread is just really nicecmread is just really nicecmread is just really nicecmread is just really nicecmread is just really nicecmread is just really nice
Default Warning for customers of Orange

According to a letter in La Voix Du Nord yesterday, you should check your Internet bill to see whether you are being charged for minitel access. Yes, I know the minitel was turned off on 30 June, but Orange is still billing for it even though the service no longer exists.

The way to fix the problem is to unsubscribe from the minitel access option.

I don't know whether this is a problem for anyone; it wasn't a problem for me, but I thought I would mention it for those who have forgotten about having subscribed to it or, indeed, had it turned on through some sort of glitch.
Old Nov 3rd 2012, 11:31 pm
Forum Regular

White Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond reputeWhite Trash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Warning for customers of Orange

Thanks for the "heads up" on this issue. I read about it on another forum a few weeks ago and a few people who didn't even know what Minitel was had been paying for it.
Old Nov 5th 2012, 1:42 am
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of
Default Re: Warning for customers of Orange

This seems to cropped up as a glitch resulting from the closure of the Minitel service. A lot of people didn't even know what Minitel was was let alone had subscribed to or used it.

About 3 weeks ago when I first became aware of it this link used to take you straight to the page where you could activate or deactivate it under minitel par internet & paiement Contact+ but that particular option, and in fact all mention of Minitel, seems to have now disappeared.