Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Day of the Jackal/ registration forms

Day of the Jackal/ registration forms

Old Oct 17th 2017, 10:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all
Default Day of the Jackal/ registration forms

In "The Day of the Jackal" the Jackal is tracked by looking through the guest registration documents collected by a Gendarme from each hotel.

I remember filling these in when I cycled round France and Denmark in the sixties and early seventies. You had to state where you were going and I often didn't have a clue.

I have received an email from my local touist office telling me about "La Fiche de Police" following legislation in August 2015. It applies to "etrangers staying in hotels campsites B and B etc. I haven't been asked to fill in any such forms in 2016 or 2017, but maybe it depends on the definition of "etranger"

For those who don't read my posts, Ihave a B and B in Correze.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Day of the Jackal/ registration forms

Believe the info you require is HERE.
Interesting note at the end: The refusal by the foreign client to complete and/or sign the policy card is considered as a legitimate reason for refusal of sale for the operator.
As a B&B operator have you not been asking each guest to complete une fiche?

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Oct 19th 2017 at 9:21 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2017, 11:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Having stayed at campsites all over France during the summer I can say that the paperwork required varied enormously, from a registration form asking for all kinds of details including my profession - why do they want to know that? to no paperwork at all, just a few details that I gave verbally and they typed into the computer. Though most did ask to see a passport.
Mind you perhaps they didn't count me as a furriner since I gave an address in France. But my passport's furrin.
Old Oct 20th 2017, 11:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all

The appropriate paragraph seems to be :

La fiche individuelle de police, rédigée en français et en anglais, doit obligatoirement être remplie et signée par tout touriste de nationalité étrangère, y compris par un ressortissant de l'Union européenne, dès son arrivée dans l'établissement touristique.

And I have translated y compris par un ressortissant de l'Union européenne,
into including a national of the European Union,

Therefore , I take it that I will need to record , have signed and stored for 6 months the information demanded.

It would appear that different establishments are organising this in different ways, and I may well have given this info to hotels as part of their on line reservation system.
I don't recall signing anything and this wouldn't be a Fiche individuelle de Police.

The legislation was only passed in 2016 and I would assume that a year would be reasonable for the Office de Tourisme to get round to informing those establishents under its care of the new arrangements.

For me, the simplest method would be to have copies of the forms in English and French for non French citizens to fill in and then to keep them for six months , which in practice would mean I could throw them out at the beginning of each season.

One slight hitch would be that once I went back to Scotland, I wouldn't be able to access them if I got a request from the authorities.
Old Oct 21st 2017, 7:21 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Scots in Treignac
The appropriate paragraph seems to be :

La fiche individuelle de police, rédigée en français et en anglais, doit obligatoirement être remplie et signée par tout touriste de nationalité étrangère, y compris par un ressortissant de l'Union européenne, dès son arrivée dans l'établissement touristique.

And I have translated y compris par un ressortissant de l'Union européenne,
into including a national of the European Union,

Therefore , I take it that I will need to record , have signed and stored for 6 months the information demanded.

It would appear that different establishments are organising this in different ways, and I may well have given this info to hotels as part of their on line reservation system.
I don't recall signing anything and this wouldn't be a Fiche individuelle de Police.

The legislation was only passed in 2016 and I would assume that a year would be reasonable for the Office de Tourisme to get round to informing those establishents under its care of the new arrangements.

For me, the simplest method would be to have copies of the forms in English and French for non French citizens to fill in and then to keep them for six months , which in practice would mean I could throw them out at the beginning of each season.

One slight hitch would be that once I went back to Scotland, I wouldn't be able to access them if I got a request from the authorities.

Hi, don't be too hasty, throwing out "official" documents so quickly!!
https://www.service-public.fr/partic...sdroits/F19134
Although it doesn't specify the Fiches in question, this link tells you how long you must keep all official/administrative documents, some of which is mind-bending.
TP's llink says 6 months for these Fiches, but we're still in a State of Emergency and the Police might demand them any time.... In any case all documents associated with a business should be kept forever more, IMO.