CT

Old Nov 9th 2015, 7:07 am
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default CT

Morning all. I have just realised my cars first Control Technique is due in a weeks time so had to book something up quick. I thought it was the beginning of December!! Anyway just some questions please? I think I have found the answers to one of the questions but thought I had better just check on here...

1) Do I just need my Carte Grise with me for it's first CT?

2) If there is a fail on the CT is it true I have 2 months to get the repair done and a retest! This seems a long time?

3) Does my car assurance company need a copy of the CT?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by bobbi2; Nov 9th 2015 at 7:21 am.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 9:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CT

Originally Posted by bobbi2
Morning all. I have just realised my cars first Control Technique is due in a weeks time so had to book something up quick. I thought it was the beginning of December!! Anyway just some questions please? I think I have found the answers to one of the questions but thought I had better just check on here...

1) Do I just need my Carte Grise with me for it's first CT?
Yes, that's all you need.

2) If there is a fail on the CT is it true I have 2 months to get the repair done and a retest! This seems a long time?
Yes, within 2 months.

3) Does my car assurance company need a copy of the CT?
No.

Thanks in advance

Assuming it passes, and it should if you keep it reasonably maintained, check to see that the control centre have placed the new vignette inside the windscreen. Your car is now valid for two years.
For info we have 2 private vehicles, 10 years and 7 years old. Never yet had a CT failure.
Fwiw, years ago I would have laughed if somebody had said I would one day purchase a Japanese car.
After a great deal of research we ended up buying two, one of the prime reasons being alleged reliability - which has now been totally proved. One assembled in Valenciennes France , the other in UK, Swindon, so at least helping the economy both sides of the channel.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Nov 9th 2015 at 10:19 am.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 9:49 am
BE Enthusiast

bobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond reputebobbi2 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks TP.I think it is two months which seems ages doesn't it, which I presume means that your retest can be 2 months after the first?? Not terribly clear on many websites.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I agree. On the CT website it's rather difficult to find some of the more basic questions, although there's no shortage of detailed info - such as how it's wise to prepare the vehicle (what to check etc) prior to the CT.
I suppose that a testing station could legitimately fail the car just if the horn didn't function, and that should be a simple thing to check/rectify prior to CT test.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thank you so much. I have to say that judging on the clapped out cars on french roads I think we will be OK for a while with our CT. I never understand how some male it through a CT! Needless to say it passed with flying colours I am not sure whether a copy of the CT needs to be in the car, as well as the vignette for the CT in the window.
Old Nov 9th 2015, 4:38 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bobbi2
Thank you so much. I have to say that judging on the clapped out cars on french roads I think we will be OK for a while with our CT. I never understand how some male it through a CT! Needless to say it passed with flying colours I am not sure whether a copy of the CT needs to be in the car, as well as the vignette for the CT in the window.
Well done!
Keep the copy of the CT with the Carte Grise and Insurance, preferably NOT in the car, but on the driver's or passenger's person or in their bag.