Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Using my Decorator from England

Wikiposts

Using my Decorator from England

Old Feb 1st 2009, 8:30 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Using my Decorator from England

Originally Posted by Roon
Nope
OK, but what about the question of the URSSAF? Better to find out in advance whether or not the OP has to pay the employer's part of the French Social Security contributions....
Old Feb 1st 2009, 9:24 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dmu
OK, but what about the question of the URSSAF? Better to find out in advance whether or not the OP has to pay the employer's part of the French Social Security contributions....
But the tradesman is not relocating to France, And is already making contributions for the employment period in the UK.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 10:30 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
But the tradesman is not relocating to France, And is already making contributions for the employment period in the UK.
You don't know the URSSAF!
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:13 pm
Just Joined

Roon has a brilliant futureRoon has a brilliant futureRoon has a brilliant futureRoon has a brilliant futureRoon has a brilliant futureRoon has a brilliant futureRoon has a brilliant future

I feel that 3 pages of discussion is probably enough but I have two thoughts though.

1. If a fully paid up tradesman (UK based, taxes, insurance etc,) travels from the UK to work in France then travels to Germany, Holland, Denmark etc. Is he really going to have to contact the equivalent of Ursaaf in each country?

2. I cannot imagine a Frenchman on a forum worrying too much about a similar situation in reverse but then maybe I am being naive.
Old Feb 1st 2009, 11:25 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roon
2. I cannot imagine a Frenchman on a forum worrying too much about a similar situation in reverse but then maybe I am being naive.
No ......... you're being realistic
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 12:19 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
No ......... you're being realistic
It's not the artisan who should worry, but the employer. No one seems to understand the terrors of encountering a hostile URSSAF inspector, but at least the OP is warned....
Old Feb 2nd 2009, 2:26 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Well all we have done is create lots of confusion so here is an English Help line for URSSAF 0821 74 27 27.

Failing that have a look at this page and phone the UK Trade and Investment Overseas dept they might be able to point you to something in writing