Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Up dates on phones?

Up dates on phones?

Old Mar 23rd 2009, 9:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: North Kessock, Ross-shire Scotland and Treignac France
Scots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to allScots in Treignac is a name known to all
Default Up dates on phones?

We're about to return for two weeks at Easter. A combination of relax and get ready for the summer.

Got an email today from our local tourist office to say that thr phone number we have givien them for our Chambre D'hote entry is not correct.

That's because I never put in a 10euro charge into my orange pay as you go.

If I pay 30 euros I restore the contract and I think I'm Ok for another 6 months.
The problem was that the 10 euros hardly lasted any time at all-like 2 or 3 calls!

The phone was very useful for receiving calls. It meant we could leave our house to enjoy ourselves on a walk or by the lake without having to worry about missing any customers.

I did consider a Le Clerc contract last summer as the reccommendation on this forum was that the cost per call was good. As far as I could tell the contract would last a year without top-up'

I was put-off by the high start-up. However I now have a phone, if it can be used and I also know the high costs of orange pay as you go calls.

If I change to Le Clerc ,can I keep my old number?