Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Un Village francais DVD Info Needed

Un Village francais DVD Info Needed

Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:05 pm
Forum Regular

MacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really nice
Default Un Village francais DVD Info Needed

Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you had come across the French series "Un Village français" on DVD, as I am trying to find out if there are subtitles in English or at the very least French (as I can translate them if needed).

I looked on Amazon.fr and I couldn't really tell if there were subtitles and let's face it, Amazon are dreadful at this kind of information anyway so I was wondering if one of the helpful members here could see if there were subtitles

Thank you in advance,

ML
Old Dec 31st 2010, 8:30 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Un Village francais DVD Info Needed

Originally Posted by MacLover
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you had come across the French series "Un Village français" on DVD, as I am trying to find out if there are subtitles in English or at the very least French (as I can translate them if needed).

I looked on Amazon.fr and I couldn't really tell if there were subtitles and let's face it, Amazon are dreadful at this kind of information anyway so I was wondering if one of the helpful members here could see if there were subtitles

Thank you in advance,

ML
Hi,
Our French DVDs indicate sub-titles in French for the hard-of-hearing and sub-titles in English, but our DVD recorder isn't working at present and I can't check.
This applies to popular comedy films, I can't guarantee that French T.V. series will have English S.T.
If no one can help, you could try contacting FNAC or asking one of the vendors on e-Bay.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 12:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MacLover
Hey guys,

Thank you in advance,

ML
I'm certain you will be out of luck trying to find this series subtitled in English.
However, Googling a number of sites indicate that Series 1,2 & 3 are available in French with French subtitles (for the hard of hearing). In fact an excellent - albeit difficult - aid to learning French.
Old Dec 31st 2010, 1:55 pm
Forum Regular

MacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really niceMacLover is just really nice

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
I'm certain you will be out of luck trying to find this series subtitled in English.
However, Googling a number of sites indicate that Series 1,2 & 3 are available in French with French subtitles (for the hard of hearing). In fact an excellent - albeit difficult - aid to learning French.
Ah good, so long as there are French at the very least then I can go with it

Thank you dmu & Tweedpipe, have a great new year
Old Dec 16th 2011, 9:10 pm
Just Joined

dromedary is an unknown quantity at this point

I bought Series I and II from Amazon.fr. Series I has subtitles in French (no English) for deaf and hard of hearing but Series II has no subtitles at all. No idea why they would subtitle Series I and then not continue to do so. Very frustrating. I did email France 3 to ask why but no reply!
Old Dec 19th 2011, 8:37 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by dromedary
I bought Series I and II from Amazon.fr. Series I has subtitles in French (no English) for deaf and hard of hearing but Series II has no subtitles at all. No idea why they would subtitle Series I and then not continue to do so. Very frustrating. I did email France 3 to ask why but no reply!
Welcome to the Forum.