Reload this Page >

UK tv online abroad

UK tv online abroad

Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:14 am
Just Joined

Jsarah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK tv online abroad

hello evryone,

living in France for some time now and I cant even say how much i miss home, so was just wondering if anyone knew of a reliable service to watch tv online for free? I have tried using 'Expat Shield' but i fear it comes with many problems. Anyone have any ideas?

many thanks

JS
Old Apr 20th 2012, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: UK tv online abroad

Must add that the service does NOT have to be free. Just wondering if anyone has had any expiriences with this sort of stuff..?

Many Thanks

JS
Old Apr 20th 2012, 3:18 pm

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Hi JS and welcome to BE! The question comes up regularly, but Welcome inn is not frequented by the technology folk here, so if you browse the main board you will see The Lab, which would probably best place to put it. If you run into any issues with the site, do not hesitate to contact the Mods team, you will see the list of moderators in each section at the bottom right.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:10 pm
Yes a friend to all BEs

IndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond reputeIndianFriend has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Jsarah and welcome to BE.

Catch up on LIVE Horse racing, Greyhounds, Football and other sports here http://www.ilhansports.info/Channel1new.html

Its free and very nice streaming too. Hope you enjoy

Cheers
Old Apr 20th 2012, 4:46 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Rosemary
Hello and a big welcome to BE.

Excellent information can be found in the BE Wiki, not forgetting the Living and Moving Abroad forum that will help you, another set of great help is the permanent threads at the TOP of each forum, they are very pertinent to that particular forum and makes sensible reading.

Moderators deal with any problems that arise such as inappropriate posts, spammers etc, you will find their names at the bottom right hand side of each forum's index in bold font.

Please contact me if I can give you any further help.

Rosemary
Thanks very much for your time and help.

JS
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:57 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by IndianFriend
Hello Jsarah and welcome to BE.

Catch up on LIVE Horse racing, Greyhounds, Football and other sports here http://www.ilhansports.info/Channel1new.html

Its free and very nice streaming too. Hope you enjoy

Cheers
Will take a look. Thankyou very much
Old Apr 20th 2012, 9:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by newjersey
Hi JS and welcome to BE! The question comes up regularly, but Welcome inn is not frequented by the technology folk here, so if you browse the main board you will see The Lab, which would probably best place to put it. If you run into any issues with the site, do not hesitate to contact the Mods team, you will see the list of moderators in each section at the bottom right.
Thanks for putting me on the right track.
JS
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:27 pm

techy2487 is an unknown quantity at this point

viewtvabroad.com is the best.

easy peasy to set up.
Old Apr 20th 2012, 10:42 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jsarah

Welcome to BE.

I hope you get some goo information on fixing up the TV you want.

Also it is not uncommon to feel homesick when you live abroad, so why not check out our France forum, where you can chat with other Brits who have moved to France. They have all been trhough the move abroad and will have had similar feelings at some time or another. Also we all need that 'Brit fix' from time to time, and it is a great way to make new friends.

You will find it by clicking the 'forum index' tab at the top left of this page. Scroll down the list of countries until you see the title Europe then double click on France below that and you're in.

Just pop on a post saying hi and see what happens from there. You may even get some good suggestions about tv from others there too.

All the very best to you

Dread - x
Old Apr 21st 2012, 12:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dreadsoc
Hi Jsarah

Welcome to BE.

I hope you get some goo information on fixing up the TV you want.

Also it is not uncommon to feel homesick when you live abroad, so why not check out our France forum, where you can chat with other Brits who have moved to France. They have all been trhough the move abroad and will have had similar feelings at some time or another. Also we all need that 'Brit fix' from time to time, and it is a great way to make new friends.

You will find it by clicking the 'forum index' tab at the top left of this page. Scroll down the list of countries until you see the title Europe then double click on France below that and you're in.

Just pop on a post saying hi and see what happens from there. You may even get some good suggestions about tv from others there too.

All the very best to you

Dread - x
Yeah, I'm quite homesick. This is helping a little, so thankyou so much for your time and help.
Old Apr 21st 2012, 12:39 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by techy2487
viewtvabroad.com is the best.

easy peasy to set up.
I'm trying it now. I REALLY hope it's reliable and wont get into any problems with my computer and payments. Expat Shield should be put in virtual jail.
Thank you lots for your time and help.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 3:22 pm
cjm
BE Forum Addict

cjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond reputecjm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsarah
I'm trying it now. I REALLY hope it's reliable and wont get into any problems with my computer and payments. Expat Shield should be put in virtual jail.
Thank you lots for your time and help.
Hi Jsarah, been offline for a couple of days. Have to say not seen so many welcome notes from so many Conscieres. Fantastic.
There is lots of help if you search for TV from UK via Freesat/SKY. On-line,unless you can get round the masking of your IP address may be tricky. Because of the UK TV licence thingy you will be blocked from accessing online. Even iPlayer material is barred.
I'm certain others in France will come to your aid.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Im_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud ofIm_and_Er has much to be proud of

Onspeed works perfectly and is almost exactly 1/3 the cost of Watch UK TV Abroad.
Old Apr 22nd 2012, 4:46 pm
Just Joined

djstu_d is an unknown quantity at this point

hey.

i use http://unblock-us.com which it v.v.v.easy to set up and use.

for $4.99 a month you can access loads of uk and us tv, as it makes it look like your pc is in either country.

there is a free 7 day trial, so give it a go for nowt & if you like the service, you can sign up.

i've been using it for 6 months, with no probs & have loads of friends in the uk who use it, to access the us netflix site.

can't reccomend it highly enough

hth

stu

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.