Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

TVA on water bills

TVA on water bills

Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Location: Palaja, near Carcassonne, Department of Aude, France
Roger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond reputeRoger O has a reputation beyond repute
Default TVA on water bills

Read the first item underneath
Le taux réduit de 5,5 %
Then go and look at your latest water bills!!
True, false or cheated??
http://www.planet.fr/mag/la-taxe-a-l...a.18433.3.html
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:50 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: TVA on water bills

Originally Posted by Roger O
Le taux réduit de 5,5 %
True, false or cheated??
Hi, the TVA on our latest water bill is 5,5%, so no problem for us!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 12:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

smithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of lightsmithyandlisa is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Roger O
Le taux réduit de 5,5 %
True, false or cheated??
Hi Roger,

Ours is 5.5% too. But thanks for the prompt.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 2:18 pm
Banned

LindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really nice

Ours is 5.5% too.

However, having been receiving what I believed to be massive water bills for 18 months and refusing to pay them, we finally checked the number on the meter, and discovered that it was not the same as the one on the bill. So, they had been trying to charge us for somebody else's water.

Guess what? They don't know who, and nor do we. But they did disconnect that metre, convinced it was ours, even though we told them about 10 times that we still had water and they hadn't disconnected us. We also told them repeatedly that the numbers didn't tally. They finally did agree with us, after sending 2 people out to check, and this week we have received an amended bill. Unfortunately, though, it's bigger than the original one, and all we've used is 3 cu m. The property isn't even ready to stay in yet!

So, don't just check the tax, check that it's the correct meter!
Old Oct 7th 2009, 4:16 pm
Banned

LindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really niceLindyLoo500 is just really nice

Have just read the url - "planet.fr". This explains the trouble I'm having with my water bills. Is it the same pink planet with 2 blue moons that some people are on?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:21 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LindyLoo500

Unfortunately, though, it's bigger than the original one, and all we've used is 3 cu m.
On another thread you say that you have your own well water which satisfies all of your needs, including drinking....
Old Oct 7th 2009, 9:30 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dmu
On another thread you say that you have your own well water which satisfies all of your needs, including drinking....
To make it very clear.

I'm not unusual in that we own 2 properties in France.

One is a cottage in the Loire, and has a well which supplies all of our water. This is obviously the one to which I was referring in response to the "self sufficiency" posting.

The other is in the Charente Maritime, and is a brand new apartment, actually not even finished. This is where we are having problems with our water meter. This is the one to which I was referring in the other thread.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 6:35 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[QUOTE=LindyLoo500;799827

One is a cottage in the Loire, and has a well which supplies all of our water. This is obviously the one to which I was referring in response to the "self sufficiency" posting.
[/QUOTE]

It's clear that you haven't been clear in your postings.
On the ''self sufficiency" posting, you say you started using this well water 20 years ago, which, to me, implies that your French can't be bad by now.
I'm now confused as to why you weren't able to sort out your water meter problem in the Charente Maritime by yourself
And, from other posts, your tutor is in the UK and you "just got back from your weekly lesson", so where do you actually live?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:04 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by dmu
It's clear that you haven't been clear in your postings.
On the ''self sufficiency" posting, you say you started using this well water 20 years ago, which, to me, implies that your French can't be bad by now.
I'm now confused as to why you weren't able to sort out your water meter problem in the Charente Maritime by yourself
And, from other posts, your tutor is in the UK and you "just got back from your weekly lesson", so where do you actually live?
Now I'm confused. Confused as to why my life is of such huge interest to anybody, let alone a perfect stranger! But, if it pleases you.

I bought a house in the Loire 20 years ago. I still own it. It has well water. We drink it. We cook with it. We wash with it. And we flush it down the toilet.

Currently, I have a 2 hour French lesson a week if I am in UK, because it is important to me that I fully understand the language, written, spoken and grammatical. My French is reasonable. I want it to be better than the majority of English who live in France. I usually have my lesson on a Wednesday, but sometimes change my day. I had to cancel it this week because I was working away. I draw the line at telling you how much I have earned.

The reason my tutor took over the problem is simply that I had tried on numerous occasions with no result. She works on a regular basis for a local solicitor as a translator, and she was happy to do it for me. Her command of French and the system is better than mine, being a native.

I live wherever I hang my hat. Currently I am in UK. Next week I expect to be in France for some considerable time.

The colour of my pants is black.

Any other important questions that you need to know to make your life more fulfilling?
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:14 pm

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I want it to be better than the majority of English who live in France.
So you consider yourself a cut above the rest?

Now I'm confused.
Im sure you are.

Any other important questions that you need to know to make your life more fulfilling?
Could you turn off the light and close the door on the way out.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 9:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Ka Ora!
So you consider yourself a cut above the rest?

Im sure you are.

Could you turn off the light and close the door on the way out.
How very odd. I felt sure I was on your "ignore" list. Just can't help yourself can you?

It is your assumption that I consider myself to be a cut above the rest. That's not what I said, nor what I inferred.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:05 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

How very odd. I felt sure I was on your "ignore" list. Just can't help yourself can you?

It is your assumption that I consider myself to be a cut above the rest. That's not what I said, nor what I inferred.
Implied, FFS.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:19 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Novocastrian
Implied, FFS.
I do not know what FFS is. I did not imply anything. I stated:

"I want it to be better than the majority of English who live in France."
Old Oct 9th 2009, 10:23 pm
Born again atheist

Novocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond reputeNovocastrian has a reputation beyond repute

I do not know what FFS is. I did not imply anything.
Well why didn't you say so?
Old Oct 10th 2009, 7:56 am

Ka Ora! is an unknown quantity at this point

I do not know what FFS is.
As far as FFS goes try this HERE

But you did say

I want it to be better than the majority of English who live in France.
IMHO is a pretty bold statement or just plain arrogant and stuck up. Someone that wants to build good relationships on a open forum does not go around spouting this kind of tripe. At the end of the day you are in charge of the picture that we build up of you, Thus far you have not done a very good job.

Last edited by Ka Ora!; Oct 10th 2009 at 8:15 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.