Reload this Page >

Travelling with Cats in France

Travelling with Cats in France

Old May 23rd 2008, 10:49 am
Just Joined

youngbull is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Travelling with Cats in France

Hi all,

I'm trying to find some information on travelling with 3 cats from London to Nice (one-way), i've got prices and details for sending them via air and road, but its been suggested that i might beable to do this via the rail network.

Does anyone have any experience or details of doing this? Or some contact info that i can email or phone to ask the questions myself?
Old May 23rd 2008, 11:52 am
La petite noblesse

Jazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of lightJazzy n Lol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Travelling with Cats in France

Eurotunnel website here -

http://www.eurotunnel.com/ukcP3Main/...vices/ukcPets/

Eurostar, on the other hand, only accepts dogs.

Good luck!
Old May 23rd 2008, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Travelling with Cats in France

I wish I could help you further, but I don't know what the policies are. I know my girlfriend puts her cat in a cage and takes him on the French trains with her, but with three cats, that could prove tricky!
Old May 24th 2008, 6:56 pm
Just Joined

10cats is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Travelling with Cats in France

Hi Youngbull
Are you not travelling along with your cats ? I have travelled quite a lot wit my 10 cats, they have been in transportboxes in my car or on the plane in the special compartment for animals. The thing is, each animal need a passport (your vet issues that ) with proof of rabies vactination and microchip number. I was living in Nice when the law of the microchip came and I had to get all my cats chipped to go back to Denmark. Who is going to take care of the papers and deal with costums ? As for the transport itself you have to arrange with the airline, they all have different rules and fares for animals.
bon voyage