Reload this Page >

translating documents for husbands visa interveiw

translating documents for husbands visa interveiw

Old Aug 4th 2012, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

porcupinejo is an unknown quantity at this point
Question translating documents for husbands visa interveiw

Hi there,

Has anyone used a certified translator to translate a french marriage certificate (livere de famille) also french police certificate (carte de sejour)?

Before coming to live in the Uk, I lived in France with my ex husband. On the Immigration (Document required for the interview) that I need to fill out for my new UKC husband it states: if I lived anywhere more than 12 months I will have to produce translated documents of these papers (police certificat and marriage certificate).

Do I need to pay and obtain a certified translator copy of these documents to produce for the interview? We haven't been contacted as yet concerning the interveiw but I want to be completly prepared on what I have to show the officials at the emabassy.

Thanks for any help or advice you guys may have.

Regards
Porcupinejo
Old Aug 4th 2012, 5:49 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: translating documents for husbands visa interveiw

I am moving this thread over to our France forum...maybe some of the people who post in that forum will be able to help you.

Please note that the Welcome Inn is for welcoming new members to BE...it is not a discussion forum. If you wish to open a new thread please post it in the relevant forum. Any problems...give me a shout and I will try to help. Thank you.
Old Aug 4th 2012, 7:53 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: translating documents for husbands visa interveiw

Originally Posted by porcupinejo
Hi there,

Has anyone used a certified translator to translate a french marriage certificate (livere de famille) also french police certificate (carte de sejour)?

Before coming to live in the Uk, I lived in France with my ex husband. On the Immigration (Document required for the interview) that I need to fill out for my new UKC husband it states: if I lived anywhere more than 12 months I will have to produce translated documents of these papers (police certificat and marriage certificate).

Do I need to pay and obtain a certified translator copy of these documents to produce for the interview? We haven't been contacted as yet concerning the interveiw but I want to be completly prepared on what I have to show the officials at the emabassy.

Thanks for any help or advice you guys may have.

Regards
Porcupinejo
Hi, I think you'll have to find out at the Embassy before your interview (although I'm not sure I understand which Embassy you mean).
For foreign birth and marriage certificates, you certainly need a certified translation by an accredited French translator here, and no doubt they would offer to do yours for you, but for a price. (A list of all Traducteurs Assermentés can be found in all Commissariats and Tribunaux). It would be much cheaper to have the translations done in the UK and get the translator to have them certified before a Commissioner for Oaths.
But check with the Embassy first....
P.S. Have just read your other threads, so enquire at the US Embassy before you start getting the translations done!

Last edited by dmu; Aug 4th 2012 at 8:20 pm.