Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Is there anyway to get the equivalent for a Bsc

Is there anyway to get the equivalent for a Bsc

Old Mar 6th 2006, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Papillion1982 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Is there anyway to get the equivalent for a Bsc

I've been living in france with my boyfriend since july last year and I havent found a job yet in the area of my degree -biology. I have a degree but people keep telling me that they have no idea what that is as a diploma, the problem is i cant find any way to get an equivalent and personally i think it is more due to the fact that there are so little jobs in this area (Gard) rather than the level of my diploma. However i still come up against a problem that employers prefer a Bts. Is there anything i can do to increase my chances of getting a job?

Also I anyone aware of any groups in which english speaking people come together in the nimes-avignon area as i am missing the feeling of being able to speak in english and would like to make some friends over here? Or anyone who lives in this area?

thanks
Old Mar 6th 2006, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

priscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to allpriscilia is a name known to all
Default Re: Is there anyway to get the equivalent for a Bsc

Try this link to have your qualifications recognised in France, it might help you with your job search : http://www.enic-naric.net/

As for groups, I'm not too sure, a lot of people might meet through french classes for foreigners, do you go to any?

We are not very far but too far to meet for coffee!!
Old Mar 7th 2006, 7:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Papillion1982
I've been living in france with my boyfriend since july last year and I havent found a job yet in the area of my degree -biology. I have a degree but people keep telling me that they have no idea what that is as a diploma, the problem is i cant find any way to get an equivalent and personally i think it is more due to the fact that there are so little jobs in this area (Gard) rather than the level of my diploma. However i still come up against a problem that employers prefer a Bts. Is there anything i can do to increase my chances of getting a job?

Also I anyone aware of any groups in which english speaking people come together in the nimes-avignon area as i am missing the feeling of being able to speak in english and would like to make some friends over here? Or anyone who lives in this area?

thanks
I think a Bachelor's is called a "Licence" in french. You could try the local universities and try to get work in some sort of research perhaps.
Good luck!
Old Mar 8th 2006, 1:43 pm
Just Joined

Papillion1982 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by priscilia
Try this link to have your qualifications recognised in France, it might help you with your job search : http://www.enic-naric.net/

As for groups, I'm not too sure, a lot of people might meet through french classes for foreigners, do you go to any?

We are not very far but too far to meet for coffee!!

Thanks for the site it was really helpful, now i can have some kind of credit for my degree. I dont go to any groups as i already speak french (boyfriend is french), but its a good idea.