Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

And then folks complain about registering a micro-entreprise...

And then folks complain about registering a micro-entreprise...

Old Jun 5th 2018, 5:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default And then folks complain about registering a micro-entreprise...

Just read this, about the problems EU citizens have trying to register self-employed in the UK, and I couldn't help smiling.
https://www.proz.com/forum/translati...e_uk_help.html

I think what we sometimes block out, when we start steaming and laying all the blame on French bureaucracy, is that it's normal for systems to be designed for the natives. It's the same everywhere, not just in France.
Old Jun 5th 2018, 6:47 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: And then folks complain about registering a micro-entreprise...

As a UK native I got into a fairly ridiculous situation with HMRC. I worked mainly in the theatre and other entertainment businesses and was freelance for most of my career when not occasionally full time and running a couple of companies. Then I got into TV and film and was forced to set up a limited company, HMRC were clamping down on the possibility of freelancers avoiding tax in that industry. Since then I have done the same work and paid a lot less tax. The thing is I felt too lazy to set up a limited company so would have been happy to pay a bit more tax to avoid the paperwork. As it was, the company accountant who told us we had to set up companies took me on, set up the company at cost and saved me a small fortune.
You're right that the system is designed for the natives, but don't think it has to make sense.
Old Jun 6th 2018, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

cyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond reputecyrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alianco
but don't think it has to make sense.
It always makes sense - to somebody
Old Jun 8th 2018, 9:29 pm
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

French bureaucratie ...........
Had to renew my driving licence, found out they have a new all ''online'' system. Started to feel very anxious !
Filled in the online form. went to local supermarket for the pictures. That should have given me a number which was missing
Had to download anothe paper to stick the picture on and sent it off.
Now the surprising bit :
Received sms and e'mails about each and every step they did ... last Saturday received sms and email saying I should receive my licence within 2 weeks !!!
Received it today

All together it took 3 weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think I found a good working French online service here. Wish I could do it every year, just to keep the spirit up !

On the other hand, my sister lost her Carte vital and has been fighting for a new one for 3 (!) months now.