Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Taxing Question!

Taxing Question!

Old Aug 13th 2012, 4:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

loy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to allloy loy is a name known to all
Default Re: Taxing Question!

Thank you both very much
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

TinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really niceTinaBee is just really nice
Default Re: Taxing Question!

Originally Posted by loy loy
Phew, that's exactly what I thought.

No we get no income from the UK. My wife has some shares that generate about £200 a year (not quite enough to retire yet) that we included in our French tax submission. And we have a current account in the UK. I have a pension fund but am not drawing on it yet.

I would like to keep my NI payment up to date, I have about 20 years and I think I need 5 more. I might write to them and ask about that.
I don't know if things have changed recently but I paid voluntary NI contributions for several years after moving to France in order to obtain the maximum of 30 years. If you contact the DWP to obtain a pension forecast they will let you know if you can pay voluntary contributions.