British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Taxe foncier (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/taxe-foncier-866051/)

nicktonight Oct 2nd 2015 7:07 am

Taxe foncier

Taxe foncière - Has anyone apart from myself been hit by the increase in taxe foncière ths year. I have heard horror stories on the radio of land being reclassified and people having to pay a 500% increase. The tax on my own flat where absolutely nothing has changed (i.e. been improved) for the last 20 years had increased by 46% this year. Just a few months of course after Francois Hollande announced that there would be no more tax increases: Has anyone's tax fallen with this "reclassification"?. This kind of tax increase makes a mockery of any type of financial planning and I wonder if it is really legal.

Chatter Static Oct 2nd 2015 7:39 am

Re: Taxe foncier

Originally Posted by nicktonight (Post 11762997)
Taxe foncière - Has anyone apart from myself been hit by the increase in taxe foncière ths year. I have heard horror stories on the radio of land being reclassified and people having to pay a 500% increase. The tax on my own flat where absolutely nothing has changed (i.e. been improved) for the last 20 years had increased by 46% this year. Just a few months of course after Francois Hollande announced that there would be no more tax increases: Has anyone's tax fallen with this "reclassification"?. This kind of tax increase makes a mockery of any type of financial planning and I wonder if it is really legal.

Our's is the same as last year...

dmu Oct 2nd 2015 7:48 am

Ours went up very slightly this year.
Is yours a résidence secondaire? (since you are marked as living in Italy). If so, this Tax might have been increased for that category. Some one in the know will come along...

nicktonight Oct 2nd 2015 8:20 am

Many thanks DMU that does seem to be at least part of the answer. I have just seen that they can increase the tax this year on a residence secondaire by 20% in certain areas in order to "libérer des logements" i.e. expropriate owners by making them sell" . Might be a good idea for anyone buying a second home to check they are outside the 1150 "zones tendues".

Novocastrian Oct 2nd 2015 9:20 am

Originally Posted by nicktonight (Post 11763022)
Many thanks DMU that does seem to be at least part of the answer. I have just seen that they can increase the tax this year on a residence secondaire by 20% in certain areas in order to "libérer des logements" i.e. expropriate owners by making them sell" . Might be a good idea for anyone buying a second home to check they are outside the 1150 "zones tendues".

My maison secondaire taxe foncière hasn't changed from last year (OK it's up 1%). Do you have a link to the 1150 zones ten dues?

Edit: Never mind GIYF.

bigglesworth Oct 2nd 2015 9:31 am

Ours went up forty percent this year.

Chatter Static Oct 2nd 2015 9:58 am

Originally Posted by bigglesworth (Post 11763051)
Ours went up forty percent this year.

Ouch

bigglesworth Oct 2nd 2015 10:42 am

My anwer was also monosyllabic

nicktonight Oct 2nd 2015 11:03 am

[QUOTE=Novocastrian;11763042]My maison secondaire taxe foncière hasn't changed from last year (OK it's up 1%). Do you have a link to the 1150 zones ten dues? Télécharger Zone tendue - Liste des villes en zone tendue (gratuit)
Hope that works. Rents are now capped in these areas as well. I suppose the intentions are good ....

Novocastrian Oct 2nd 2015 11:09 am

[QUOTE=nicktonight;11763093]

Originally Posted by Novocastrian (Post 11763042)
My maison secondaire taxe foncière hasn't changed from last year (OK it's up 1%). Do you have a link to the 1150 zones ten dues? Télécharger Zone tendue - Liste des villes en zone tendue (gratuit)
Hope that works. Rents are now capped in these areas as well. I suppose the intentions are good ....

Thanks. Nothing in my Dept. (14). Phew.

grannybunz Oct 2nd 2015 12:40 pm

We got a €36.00 rebate on last year's.

nzneville Oct 19th 2015 1:38 pm

Paid ours this morning. It went up by 23 euros.