Tax form 2047

Old Apr 19th 2019, 8:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tax form 2047

My apologies in advance for another boring tax question.

I need to declare UK bank interest, UK dividends and UK rental income.
I have form 2047 and think I’ve worked out how to complete the appropriate fields.
On page 4, however, there is a section entitled “ELIMINATION DE LA DOUBLE IMPOSITION” where you have to complete either field 6 (REVENUS IMPOSABLES OUVRANT DROIT A UN CRÉDIT D’IMPÔT ÉGAL A L’IMPOT FRANÇAIS), field 7 (REVENUS IMPOSABLES OUVRANT DROIT A UN CRÉDIT D’IMPÔT ÉGAL A L’IMPOT ÉTRANGER) or field 8 (REVENUS EXONÉRÉS RETENUS POUR LE CALCUL DU TAUX EFFECTIF).

Does any wise kindly person know which of these fields - 6, 7 or 8 - I’m supposed to complete, based on the tax treaty between France and the UK?

Would be extremely grateful for any help you can provide.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tax form 2047

Panic over. Think I’ve cracked it.
Old Apr 20th 2019, 10:54 am
M.O.V.E.D. !

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Helen1964
Panic over. Think I’ve cracked it.

The only info I would have had is that I put my English rental income in 6 ... but no clue about the other ones. If I remember right this has to do with the sort of agreement there is between France and the UK , but maybe I remember wrong.
Old Apr 21st 2019, 6:25 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks Annetje. That’s the conclusion I had reached myself about UK rental income so that’s reassuring.
I think the dividends go in box 7 and the interest isn’t mentioned at all on this final page of form 2047.
Old May 12th 2019, 1:46 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point

A couple of questions on this topic, please. I am filling out our first French tax returns and thanks to the above I now know where to fill in our income from UK rentals. We are inactif here and the rents are our sole incomes. We pay tax in UK.
Firstly, we moved here officially on 11th November last year. Does that mean I should only put in the rental income covering 11th Nov to 31st Dec? Further to that I made this date clear on form 2042 under 'changement d'addres's, giving our old Folkestone address. Is it unwise to use a section of the form for something it may not have been intended for?
Secondly I haven't seen (or have missed) instructions to include bank statements to prove the pre-tax income. Am I right in assuming I can add documents I think may be relevant including information on my business which had which had almost zero turnover last year and which I am closing a soon as my company accounts are finalised and sent to HMRC?
Thanks
Old May 12th 2019, 3:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure which "changement d'adresses" bit you're talking about, as I recall there are several, depending on at what stage in the year you changed your address. I believe that near the start of the form it asks you if you were resident at the address you've given on 1.1.18. Presumably if you answer No to that, it will then ask you what your address was on 1.1.18?
If it's the bit where it asks for your new address if you moved after 1.1.18 then I certainly wouldn't put your previous address there or it will confuse things.
Again from memory there used to be somewhere on the form where you enter the date you became resident in France if part way through the year. But if not, I believe there is a section where you can enter random info that you want to give them, so I would enter it there.
(Sorry I can't be clearer about the various sections - I have in fact just notified them of my change of address, but if you file online then the relevant section pops up intuitively and you're not aware of whereabouts on the paper version of the form it's located.)
No, you're not normally expected to send any attachments to prove anything. You complete the return on your honour, and in theory they believe what you tell them, that's how France works - citizens charter and all that. In practice, if your form is selected as part of their quota for random checks, or if something about it gets flagged up for whatever reason, and they have any queries or want to see justificatifs, they will get in touch later in the year.

Last edited by EuroTrash; May 12th 2019 at 3:37 pm.
Old May 12th 2019, 4:21 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat056 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Eurotrash. I think I'll simply add anything I think relevant on the form if there is a space or on a separate piece of paper and leave it up to them to ask any questions.