Reload this Page >

Tax Credits in France - Auto Entrepreneur

Wikiposts

Tax Credits in France - Auto Entrepreneur

Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

bicks is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tax Credits in France - Auto Entrepreneur

Does anyone know if you qualify for any kind of Tax credit in France when operating as an Auto-Entrepreneur?

Many thanks
Old Jan 21st 2013, 9:49 pm
Forum Regular

Garonne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud of
Default Re: Tax Credits in France - Auto Entrepreneur

What do you mean by tax credit? If you mean does it give you any reductions for income tax, no (so far as I'm aware).

To the contrary, as an AE you pay cotisations (social charges) on your turnover and you are also taxed on your income if it's above the threshold. But you probably know this so apologies if you do!
Old Jan 21st 2013, 11:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure what you are asking.

Under AE you can opt to pay tax at a flat rate on your AE earnings.

However you still fill in your annual tax return with details of all your income (AE and other) and also any personal expenditure over the year that you may be entitled to tax credits on, and your tax credits/taxes due will be computed in the normal way.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 12:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

It occurred to me belatedly that I think the UK has something called 'working tax credits' which are a form of income supplement, is this what the OP meant?

Credits d'impot in France are totally different!

If you meant income supplement - once you have submitted your first tax return you may find you can apply for RSA if your annual income was low. However, this will depend entirely on your personal circumstances. It's not impossible that you would qualify, but it's unlikely; self-employed people tend not to qualify for these things, same as in the UK, because they can't meet the criteria. The main 'aid' to AEs is ACCRE but I think you need to have been a registered job seeker prior to setting up your business in order to qualify for this.

Last edited by EuroTrash; Jan 22nd 2013 at 1:02 am.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 6:33 am
Just Joined

cab47 is an unknown quantity at this point

your havin a laugh !
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by cab47
your havin a laugh !
I was trying to be diplomatic but as cab47 says, if you are hoping for a short cut to benefits in France, esp. as a foreigner, then basically yes you are havin a laugh.

It's none of my business but from your previous posts it seems that you're hovering on the fringes of the system, and it's dangerous to do this for too long because when you get to retirement age (which you will, one day, even if it seem a long way off now) you may find that you have no pension to draw. While you're outside the UK (assuming that's your home country) you won't be building up any entitlement there, and unless you're working and contributing in France you won't be earning any entitlement here either. As an AE, your contributions won't put one centime into your pension pot until you exceed a fixed (relatively high) threshold.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

when it come to revenus the french are as tight as a ducks chuff
you pay tax after tax after tax for the privelage of living / working here !
every element of work activity or self employment is extremely regulated and controlled.
sure many people work on the black including the french but its becoming more and more risky and people who have lost jobs thru the recession are now competing for work including the "weekend work " as they often call it or a "petit service" and dont take at all kindly to foreigners stealing it !
Old Jan 26th 2013, 6:07 am
Forum Regular

bicks is an unknown quantity at this point

when it come to revenus the french are as tight as a ducks chuff
you pay tax after tax after tax for the privelage of living / working here !
every element of work activity or self employment is extremely regulated and controlled.
sure many people work on the black including the french but its becoming more and more risky and people who have lost jobs thru the recession are now competing for work including the "weekend work " as they often call it or a "petit service" and dont take at all kindly to foreigners stealing it !
Is that why Gérard Depardieu left?

yes I am aware of this with the competing for work here in the Anglais occupied areas. Similar to the Polish invasion some years back across the UK getting jobs over the unemployed residents (though it appeared that the Poles were actually prepared to work).
AE is about 18% tax apparently.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 6:30 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by bicks
AE is about 18% tax apparently.
On AE, if you choose to pay your income tax at a flat rate each quarter it is around 2% - slightly more or slightly less, depending on the activity.

However, the income tax is in addition to cotisations, which are:
- 14 % pour les entreprises dont le commerce principal est de vendre des marchandises, objets, fournitures et denrées à emporter ou à consommer sur place, ou de fournir des prestations d'hébergement,
- 24,6 % pour les entreprises exerçant une activité de prestations de services artisanale ou commerciale
- 24,6 % pour les professionnels libéraux relevant du RSI
- 21,3 % pour les professionnels libéraux relevant de la CIPAV

So 18%, unless you are a reseller, is a tad optimistic.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 6:52 am
Just Joined

when i recently registered i calculated that whatever i earn / charge for my work ( looking after 2nd homes doing whatever is needed ie gardening / maintenence etc) i just accept i will part with around a quarter.
so when pricing work or talking to clients about their property care i need to basically add this to whatever rate i would expect to earn.
making me much more expensive than someone looking for cash in hand work !
the problem is the punters often dont realise or even care - they just want it done cheaper and assume the person undercutting is charging "the going rate" whilst those who are fully legit & registered seem to be asking too much.

what sort of work are you looking for ?
Old Jan 26th 2013, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Garonne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud ofGaronne has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by bicks

yes I am aware of this with the competing for work here in the Anglais occupied areas.
There is exceptionally high unemployment throughout France for the French alike who are skilled, qualified and experienced people. If you are referring to work such as building, electrician, gardening, odd jobs, etc, yes, the Anglais occupied areas - or concentrated British ex-pat communities which I prefer to refer to them as - are absolutely saturated with English AE's which is why some of us are always advising people not to move here if they need to find work as a self-employed contractor.
Old Jan 26th 2013, 11:29 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

the problem is the punters often dont realise or even care - they just want it done cheaper and assume the person undercutting is charging "the going rate" whilst those who are fully legit & registered seem to be asking too much.
The French punters certainly know the score, not sure about the Brits. Now and again someone gets done for employing an unregistered worker and once they've been caught once and fined, they won't do it again. But that's a very small minority compared to how many people keep risking it and getting away with it.