Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

talent passport

talent passport

Old Nov 23rd 2021, 1:02 am
Just Joined

cinch is a jewel in the roughcinch is a jewel in the roughcinch is a jewel in the roughcinch is a jewel in the rough
Default talent passport

Sorry to be a bother, but if any one can help with some advice that would be great. The situation/question is: My daughter is dual national UK and Canadian. She has a job offer to work in France. She is going through the process of getting the talent passport 4 year visa. The problem she is having is the forms require details of not only her employer but her accommodation. She does not have accommodation arranged yet so cannot put down an address. As such, she cannot complete the visa form. Does any one have some information or advice that will be helpful. Thank you in advance.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 1:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: talent passport

Book some type of vacation accommodation near to where she is going to work for, say, 3 months or so depending on when she is starting work.
Is there any reason the company is not sponsoring her for a work visa?
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 1:45 am
Just Joined

cinch is a jewel in the roughcinch is a jewel in the roughcinch is a jewel in the roughcinch is a jewel in the rough

thank you for your quick reply. She is being sponsored and employed by a French based company. We have a bit of confusion when completing the form. It asks for accommodation details, which we do not have yet. do you know whether it will be ok to put the company details down as sponsoring and accomodating.
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

The fact that she is applying herself and the heading of the thread is "talent passport" rings alarm bells with me Are you sure that she is being "employed" by the company or are they trying to get her to set up a company herself so they can avoid paying french taxes etc Normally for an EU company to employ a non EU based person they have to prove that is vital to their organisation and that there is no EU based person who can do that role and they have to show this at the time of applying
Make sure that she is getting a proper French work contract
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 12:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

EU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond reputeEU.flag has a reputation beyond repute

https://france-visas.gouv.fr/en/web/...attractiveness
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 2:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Listen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond reputeListen Very Carefully has a reputation beyond repute

It is the bit in "Supporting Documentation" that just reinforces my concerns It clearly says that the Visa Application Form should be filled in by the employer along with documents justifying the situation
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 4:58 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
Book some type of vacation accommodation near to where she is going to work for, say, 3 months or so depending on when she is starting work.
Is there any reason the company is not sponsoring her for a work visa?
Some one will correct me if I'm wrong, but I have an idea that such a short-term lease wouldn't be acceptable to justify accommodation. A 1-year lease for a furnished appartment would be better, it's relatively easy to terminate such a contract if necessary, with one month's prior notice. The OP's daughter would have to take a leap of faith and organize such a rental before she acquires the Visa to come to France and start work, whoever has to apply for the Visa.... (Unless the company has a professional/commercial lease which allows it to offer accommodation to an employee, IMO it won't be possible to use its address on the application form.)
HTH
Old Nov 23rd 2021, 5:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cinch
thank you for your quick reply. She is being sponsored and employed by a French based company. We have a bit of confusion when completing the form. It asks for accommodation details, which we do not have yet. do you know whether it will be ok to put the company details down as sponsoring and accomodating.

I suppose I am asking the question as I understood that, just like any other country, it is the prospective employer who applies for the work visa - they are the sponsoring company.
Sounds like your daughter is, herself, applying for a Talent passport i.e the company is not submitting the application.
Old Nov 24th 2021, 7:30 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Listen Very Carefully
It is the bit in "Supporting Documentation" that just reinforces my concerns It clearly says that the Visa Application Form should be filled in by the employer along with documents justifying the situation
1+
I'm only going from what I learn on the forum and from official websites, I've no experience in post-Brexit Visas.
But ".... you must also submit the work permit which was granted to your employer", as stated in the above Gov. link, means that the company applies for the work permit from the French Authorities and, if granted, it then transfers it to the Visa applicant.
The OP's daughter should contact her new employer ASAP before organizing accommodation.....
Old Nov 25th 2021, 1:44 am
Just Joined

Hello everyone,

Thank you for the help so far. I got more information from my daughter. She will be employed by the company and has all the relevant paperwork (proof of innovative enterprise, wage requirements, CERFA etc). They have told her to apply for a 4 year talent passport as an employee of an innovative enterprise. Once her visa is granted they pay for a relocation company to help with her flights and place to live. Her company HR believes she does not need to have a residence address at this time.

My daughter says when filling out the visa form there is a section called "your contacts" and then she needs to choose who will be "accommodating" her. This is where she is not sure if it is sufficient to put the address of the company as they are the ones inviting her for work, or if she needs to have a hotel booked and put down a residential address here. Ultimately do you have to have a residence before applying for a 4 year long stay visa, even it's a hotel for a few weeks. It does not make sense to have 4 years of residence booked.

Thank you all again
Old Nov 25th 2021, 3:48 am
BE Enthusiast

Helen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond reputeHelen1964 has a reputation beyond repute

If I were your daughter I would scan the section of the visa application form that enquires about accommodation and email it to the company’s HR departure, asking them what to put.