British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   France (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/)
-   -   Strap yourselves down for further lockdown (https://britishexpats.com/forum/france-76/strap-yourselves-down-further-lockdown-935483/)

Tweedpipe Oct 28th 2020 8:58 pm

Strap yourselves down for further lockdown

Anyone watching the French news this evening will be aware that E. Macron has announced lockdown for France from midnight of Thurs this week.
Further clarification is expected tomorrow but the main points would appear to be:
Essential stores will remain open, ditto for schools (high schools, primary and nurseries).
Bars, restaurants, cinemas, theatres will close, as will universities.
Justification forms required for anyone leaving home (as during the first lockdown), with non-essential travel between different regions of France no longer allowed - with exceptions just for this weekend.
These changes are expected to remain until 1st Dec, after which the situation will be reviewed.

scrubbedexpat056 Oct 28th 2020 11:03 pm

Re: Strap yourselves down for further lockdown

I can only hope that as during the last lockdown we'll be able to return if we can prove we live in France. We're stuck in UK, probably until the end of November, but are desperate to get home, lockdown or not. If anyone comes across specific rules related to this area I'd appreciate hearing about it.

KJMW Oct 29th 2020 5:33 am

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe (Post 12927381)
Anyone watching the French news this evening will be aware that E. Macron has announced lockdown for France from midnight of Thurs this week.
Further clarification is expected tomorrow but the main points would appear to be:
Essential stores will remain open, ditto for schools (high schools, primary and nurseries).
Justification forms required for anyone leaving home (as during the first lockdown), with non-essential travel between different regions of France no longer allowed - with exceptions just for this weekend.
These changes are expected to remain until 1st Dec, after which the situation will be reviewed.

I watched his speech and it still left questions unanswered. Do I need an attestation to buy a pizza? How long can I go out for exercise and how far and again, do I need an attestation. No doubt things will become clearer in the coming days but for now there is still confusion on several points.

campos Oct 29th 2020 7:43 am

Originally Posted by KJMW (Post 12927476)
I watched his speech and it still left questions unanswered. Do I need an attestation to buy a pizza? How long can I go out for exercise and how far and again, do I need an attestation. No doubt things will become clearer in the coming days but for now there is still confusion on several points.

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe (Post 12927381)

Inter-regional travel will not be allowed - would this implicitly include travel across France from one country to another, on motorways, I wonder? What was situation in this regard during first lockdown? I need to travel from Italy to Spain

dmu Oct 29th 2020 7:48 am

Originally Posted by KJMW (Post 12927476)

The PM is giving a press conference this afternoon, with the nitty-gritty details, but yes, you'll need an attestation to go and buy a pizza (or any other food or medicines), just like last time. I THINK I heard Macron say that we can go out for an hour's exercise, within xx of our domicile, like the last time, but I can't find confirmation. We'll know for sure this afternoon....
Meanwhile I imagine I'll be among the hoards filling up with loo paper and pasta today, before the deadline of Attestation-less shopping...
Keep safe every one, it's all for our own good and for me, "liberté" means being free from Covid infection.;)

campos Oct 29th 2020 7:52 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12927491)
The PM is giving a press conference this afternoon, with the nitty-gritty details, but yes, you'll need an attestation to go and buy a pizza (or any other food or medicines), just like last time. I THINK I heard Macron say that we can go out for an hour's exercise, within xx of our domicile, like the last time, but I can't find confirmation. We'll know for sure this afternoon....
Meanwhile I imagine I'll be among the hoards filling up with loo paper and pasta today, before the deadline of Attestation-less shopping...
Keep safe every one, it's all for our own good and for me, "liberté" means being free from Covid infection.;)

Any idea what time press conference is?

dmu Oct 29th 2020 7:55 am

Originally Posted by campos (Post 12927489)
Inter-regional travel will not be allowed - would this implicitly include travel across France from one country to another, on motorways, I wonder? What was situation in this regard during first lockdown? I need to travel from Italy to Spain

This saves me posting on the Spain forum! This indeed implicitly includes travelling across France without "going home" to your country of residence. In the other direction, the Attestation would cover you, as you'd be returning "home" to Italy.
@Alianco At the time of writing, you'll be able to return to France and travel down through the Régions, as it's your country of Résidence (make sure you've got documents to prove this).

dmu Oct 29th 2020 7:57 am

Originally Posted by campos (Post 12927494)
Any idea what time press conference is?

18h30

campos Oct 29th 2020 7:59 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12927496)
This saves me posting on the Spain forum! This indeed implicitly includes travelling across France without "going home" to your country of residence. In the other direction, the Attestation would cover you, as you'd be returning "home" to Italy.
@Alianco At the time of writing, you'll be able to return to France and travel down through the Régions, as it's your country of Résidence (make sure you've got documents to prove this).

As I'm moving home - to Portugal, it could be argued I'm returning to my new rental place...but then I'd have to get the rental van back to Italy:(

olivefarmer Oct 29th 2020 8:41 am

You might be alright going from Italy to Portugal as it is all travel in the Schengen zone. We found hotels were very hit and miss during the last lockdown in France.

anyone know what it means for cross channel car travel as I read Schengen border closed.? We have continued family troubles in UK and cannot fly for various reasons.

campos Oct 29th 2020 8:49 am

Originally Posted by olivefarmer (Post 12927511)
You might be alright going from Italy to Portugal as it is all travel in the Schengen zone. We found hotels were very hit and miss during the last lockdown in France.

anyone know what it means for cross channel car travel as I read Schengen border closed.? We have continued family troubles in UK and cannot fly for various reasons.

Thanks, that would be my hope. Not optimistic. Waiting to hear France PM later and see this new Attestation form.

scrubbedexpat056 Oct 29th 2020 9:47 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12927496)
At the time of writing, you'll be able to return to France and travel down through the Régions, as it's your country of Résidence (make sure you've got documents to prove this).

Yes, that's what I hoped. Thankfully I scanned the documents we needed to apply for our titres de sejour when last in France knowing we'd be applying from UK when it came online so I can print off a load of stuff. Also I already took the car back before our 90 days insurance ran out so now we'll be flying (or possibly TGVing, Ryanair having stopped all flights to Carcassonne and Toulouse and not knowing who will be next) back home. I guess there'll be very few times we'd need to show proof of residence.

EuroTrash Oct 29th 2020 9:54 am

Originally Posted by olivefarmer (Post 12927511)

In the first lockdown there was no problem travelling via Euroshuttle even when it was difficult to book a flight. As I recall you were warned at the start of the booking process to make sure you were entitled to travel and had your attestation etc.

brian12 Oct 29th 2020 10:26 am

Hi,we were going to book apartments in the Alsace and close to Calais for our drive back from Italy next week.We normally book hotels but obviously this is safer.Anyone know how I obtain an attestation and whether accomodation would be bookable,TIA,Brian.

EuroTrash Oct 29th 2020 10:58 am

Updated attestations will be available on the government website from tonight I believe.
I suspect tourist accommodation will not take bookings because people aren't allowed to go on holiday. But I'm not sure why booking an apartment for one night is safer than booking a hotel room for one night? You say "obviously" but I am not seeing it :confused:

dmu Oct 29th 2020 11:05 am

Originally Posted by campos (Post 12927498)
As I'm moving home - to Portugal, it could be argued I'm returning to my new rental place...but then I'd have to get the rental van back to Italy:(

Aaah, this wasn't obvious! If you have documents to prove that you're "returning home", then it might work if any one controlling you doesn't wonder why you need an Italian rental van to return from a holiday in Italy. Can some one (resident in Italy) accompany you, who would return the rental van to Italy? This will mean renting in both names, but you can weigh up the pros and cons....
P.S. Does any one remember whether people were allowed to move during the first lockdown? I have an idea it wasn't possible.....

brian12 Oct 29th 2020 11:19 am

Originally Posted by EuroTrash (Post 12927549)
Updated attestations will be available on the government website from tonight I believe.
I suspect tourist accommodation will not take bookings because people aren't allowed to go on holiday. But I'm not sure why booking an apartment for one night is safer than booking a hotel room for one night? You say "obviously" but I am not seeing it :confused:

Hi,for the reason that it is the ultimate isolation with no hotel guests and staff around.In fact our last stopover outside Rome we didn't even see the owner as it was prepaid and the key was left in the postbox.Thanks for other info,Brian.

EuroTrash Oct 29th 2020 11:36 am

There are hotel chains in France where check in is fully automatic with no human contact. There is a machine where you pay by card, you get an electronic key and go straight to your room and you won't see another person unless you are unlucky and happen to meet someone (who should be wearing a mask) in the corridor. F1 is one such chain, there are others https://hotelf1.accor.com/discoverin...index.fr.shtml

Ignore me if you were already aware of this.

brian12 Oct 29th 2020 11:48 am

Originally Posted by EuroTrash (Post 12927560)
There are hotel chains in France where check in is fully automatic with no human contact. There is a machine where you pay by card, you get an electronic key and go straight to your room and you won't see another person unless you are unlucky and happen to meet someone (who should be wearing a mask) in the corridor. F1 is one such chain, there are others https://hotelf1.accor.com/discoverin...index.fr.shtml

Ignore me if you were already aware of this.

OK,I'll add that to my list of possibilities,cheers.PS are they self catering.

EuroTrash Oct 29th 2020 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by brian12 (Post 12927565)
are they self catering.

I don't know if any are self catering, you would have to look at websites. I have stayed at F1s on business trips and the rooms I have used have always been very cheap and very basic, just somewhere to stop the night with a buffet breakfast if you want it. I seem to remember automatic food and drink dispensers that I got coffee from..
But more and more hotels are using automatic check in systems, it was already the trend and the health crisis has accelerated it.

brian12 Oct 29th 2020 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by EuroTrash (Post 12927573)
I don't know if any are self catering, you would have to look at websites. I have stayed at F1s on business trips and the rooms I have used have always been very cheap and very basic, just somewhere to stop the night with a buffet breakfast if you want it. I seem to remember automatic food and drink dispensers that I got coffee from..
But more and more hotels are using automatic check in systems, it was already the trend and the health crisis has accelerated it.

Cheers anyway,we are spoilt and will be bringing a coolbox of goodies to cook up for our journey.I remember some Premier Inns being self service.Not really paranoid but being locked down in the deep south of Italy since March,which is one of the safest places in Europe at the moment.I'd hate to catch it at this late stage.

dmu Oct 29th 2020 12:40 pm

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12927491)

The radio has just confirmed this - 1 hour's exercise within 1 km of one's domicile (armed with the Attestation probably giving time of departure from home, like last time...)

EuroTrash Oct 29th 2020 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by brian12 (Post 12927579)
Not really paranoid but being locked down in the deep south of Italy since March,which is one of the safest places in Europe at the moment.I'd hate to catch it at this late stage.

Yes I am totally with you there, you can't be too careful. And I hope you are right about "at this late stage", it would be nice to think the end is in sight.
I am so paranoid that I have taken to using my campervan for all longish journeys even if there is no overnight stay involved, just so that I have my own cooking facilities and loo and I don't have to use public facilities when I stop for comfort breaks.

brian12 Oct 29th 2020 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by EuroTrash (Post 12927620)
Yes I am totally with you there, you can't be too careful. And I hope you are right about "at this late stage", it would be nice to think the end is in sight.
I am so paranoid that I have taken to using my campervan for all longish journeys even if there is no overnight stay involved, just so that I have my own cooking facilities and loo and I don't have to use public facilities when I stop for comfort breaks.

LOL,I don't feel or realise it but I'm 68 today and one of those vulnerable peeps I suppose,cheers,Brian.

G-J-B Oct 29th 2020 2:45 pm

I read on Le Monde's site yesterday evening that

Des "tests rapides obligatoires" seront déployés "pour toutes les arrivées" dans "les ports, les aéroports", et "pour les déplacements internationaux", a ajouté le président de la République.
So it seems they will use rapid covid tests on anyone arriving in the ports or airports.

I made the mistake of doing my grocery shopping in Hyper-U this morning. Never seen the queues so long, all the aisles were clogged with people queuing! Thankfully nobody was stockpiling, but it sure was busy.

EuroTrash Oct 29th 2020 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by brian12 (Post 12927630)
LOL,I don't feel or realise it but I'm 68 today and one of those vulnerable peeps I suppose,cheers,Brian.

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Brii-an
Happy birthday to you :thumbsup:
:drinkingwine:

(I'm 3 years behind you... and I feel every year of it)

Tweedpipe Oct 29th 2020 5:28 pm

At the current time (18.25) the new Attestation form has yet to appear on the government web site. Info filltering through is that there will be three separate forms (why keep it simple when it can be made complicated).:sneaky:
i) For those leaving the home for work, or returning home after work.
ii) For general use: excercising, pet walking, essential shopping, medical visits etc.
iii) For parents accompanying their kids to/from school.
Some folks not working from home, with a pet needing morning/evening excercise and with children, may have to make out 3 forms each day......

I quite believe that many stores were doing good business today with folks stocking up with necessary goods. I thought I'd be clever, avoid the nearby LeClerc supermarket, and popped into a stationery shop to purchase a couple of erasable ink pens. Not such a good idea after all, as there was a small queue of people waiting to buy exactly the same product, no doubt for the same purpose, i.e. the Attestation form. :blink:

EuroTrash Oct 29th 2020 5:34 pm

I'm sure I remember reading last time around that encre effaçable was not permitted for attestations... though I suppose how would anyone know unless they tried to rub it out.

Tweedpipe Oct 29th 2020 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by EuroTrash (Post 12927696)
I'm sure I remember reading last time around that encre effaçable was not permitted for attestations... though I suppose how would anyone know unless they tried to rub it out.

Exactly my sentiments! ;) Of course the date will always be current, which in my non-French bureaucratic mind is the all-important factor. Good for the environment too, less scrap paper!
Also during the previous weeks of confinement, I was out each morning and some evenings walking the dog, and never met or saw a single plod.

Chatter Static Oct 29th 2020 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe (Post 12927695)
At the current time (18.25) the new Attestation form has yet to appear on the government web site. Info filltering through is that there will be three separate forms (why keep it simple when it can be made complicated).:sneaky:
ii) For general use: excercising, pet walking, essential shopping, medical visits etc.
Some folks not working from home, with a pet needing morning/evening excercise and with children, may have to make out 3 forms each day......

I quite believe that many stores were doing good business today with folks stocking up with necessary goods. I thought I'd be clever, avoid the nearby LeClerc supermarket, and popped into a stationery shop to purchase a couple of erasable ink pens. Not such a good idea after all, as there was a small queue of people waiting to buy exactly the same product, no doubt for the same purpose, i.e. the Attestation form. :blink:

I just used the dry tippex last time but I was only going to the bin every day.

dmu Oct 29th 2020 6:52 pm

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12927553)
Aaah, this wasn't obvious! If you have documents to prove that you're "returning home", then it might work if any one controlling you doesn't wonder why you need an Italian rental van to return from a holiday in Italy. Can some one (resident in Italy) accompany you, who would return the rental van to Italy? This will mean renting in both names, but you can weigh up the pros and cons....
P.S. Does any one remember whether people were allowed to move during the first lockdown? I have an idea it wasn't possible.....

@ Campos There was a question towards the end of the Press Conference concerning moving during the lockdown. Although I didn't catch whether the PM said oui or non :o, he did say that the Removal Firms would have to have the necessary Attestation, so moves are allowed, but he did specify "Removal firms", which isn't your case.
@ Alianco The PM only mentioned travelling this coming weekend, after the school holidays and for la Toussaint, with a Déclaration sur l'Honneur, but I think that Prés. Macron said yesterday that "French Residents" would be able to return "home". There might be yet another Attestation for that option, as I doubt that it'll be mentioned in those which are supposed to be downloadable this evening.
HTH

scrubbedexpat056 Oct 29th 2020 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe (Post 12927707)
Exactly my sentiments! ;) Of course the date will always be current, which in my non-French bureaucratic mind is the all-important factor. Good for the environment too, less scrap paper!

I'm by far the least technically minded, but I could fill in the attestation on my mobile phone and download it to show anyone if necessary. It was identical to the paper version and would even remember my details so all I had to do was check that the updated date and time was filled in correctly and accept it. Of course I could change the reason from exercise to shopping as needed. I was only ever stopped twice, both times in my car.

Jon-Bxl Oct 30th 2020 2:18 am

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe (Post 12927695)

I had to smile at the irony of this, people queuing to get the erasable pens for the coronavirus form !! Increasing infection risk in order to comply with the de-risking CV19 strategy :)

I watched both the speeches of Macron/Castex to try and understand the changes. I made a note I could refer to with the summary and links:-

Par ailleurs il ne sera pas possible “de voyager au sein du territoire national, y compris d’une résidence principale vers une résidence secondaire”, a ajouté le Premier ministre, en précisant qu’“une amende forfaitaire de 135 euros sera appliquée en cas de non respect du confinement”. Huff post https://m.huffingtonpost.fr/entry/at...b6aab57a1055c0

Travel within France, including to holiday homes, will be prohibited, though borders with EU countries will remain open, the prime minister said. Visits to friends or family are also banned.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20201029/fra...covid-19-tests The PM said anyone arriving in the country would have to undergo a Covid-19 test as has already been the case for certain travellers “Anyone arriving in the country will have to prove a negative test carried out 72 hours in advance. And for those who do not have the result of a test, a test on arrival will be imposed," he said.

​​​​​​
https://www.thelocal.fr/20201029/att...home-in-france

The forms you need to go out, including one in English.

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...r_ajax_redir=1

The government site re corona etc. Note the last update is 16/10. But I am sure that the site will be shortly updated with the practical details emerging from the PM's speech last night

I may have to enter Italy in transit, to go to France. This is a great site from the Italian government A good questionnaire!!
https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it...ngtoitaly.html

I am trying to figure out if I can go to a secondary residence in France, from Belgium, i.e within Schengen. Realising that I would immediately have to follow the new lockdown rules.

The French residents/citizens can't. But the border is open?? Whilst it may be unfair, as long as its not illegal - we will probably do it. Any ideas please??

Also there will be that window, where I've crossed the border into France on the way to the home. Being stopped by the police could be a problem as the forms aren't applicable. Of course I will be more than 1km from the home. So the only thing I can think of is to bring my tax d'habitation with me as proof.

Also I haven't seen any clear info (yet) for the case of someone transiting France only, to get to another country as mentioned earlier e.g Italy-Spain. Or e.g UK-Italy, Belgium -Spain etc.

The Italian questionnaire is a great best practice IMO something other governments could use.

Finally the PM said hotels were only open for business travel, (with food only available via room-service). I haven't seen anything, as yet, for people in transit. But with Schengen open there shouldn't be a problem (I hope)

Its early days yet, and I'm sure that in the next couple of days things will be clearer.

Jon

dmu Oct 30th 2020 7:37 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12927722)
@ Campos There was a question towards the end of the Press Conference concerning moving during the lockdown. Although I didn't catch whether the PM said oui or non :o, he did say that the Removal Firms would have to have the necessary Attestation, so moves are allowed, but he did specify "Removal firms", which isn't your case.
HTH

Sorry to be giving info in dribs and drabs, but the radio has just said that people moving during the lockdown period must produce their property deeds or rental lease to justify being out and about. And, having looked at the Attestation published last evening, the box "Déplacements pour motif familial impérieux" seems to be the only one possible to be ticked.
As said, a Certificate dated less than 72 hours stating that you're Covid-negative, must be presented at the border, failing which they'll do a test on the spot. Which in turn must mean having to wait for the result before being able to continue...
A partial translation of the Portuguese lease into French may be required by a mono-lingual Official - be prepared for this. As I'm wont to say, fore-warned is fore-armed!

EuroTrash Oct 30th 2020 7:39 am

Travel to holiday homes in France is prohibited. Seems pretty unambiguous to me.

Why would you even want to, or am I missing something?

G-J-B Oct 30th 2020 7:43 am

My wife had to leave for work this morning, so she used this form: https://media.interieur.gouv.fr/depl...wJsVXVaTGJkzWI
I don't know if that's a left over relic from the first wave or not. Last night when I checked the main government website it still didn't appear available - talk about leaving it last minute. I suspect they won't be policing it too hard today, especially given they haven't provided provisions for people to easily access and download it.

Jon-Bxl: Many Parisians have fled to their second residence. You could always claim you were on holiday, and then you'd have this weekend left to get there, after that it may be tricky.

campos Oct 30th 2020 7:53 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12927914)
Sorry to be giving info in dribs and drabs, but the radio has just said that people moving during the lockdown period must produce their property deeds or rental lease to justify being out and about. And, having looked at the Attestation published last evening, the box "Déplacements pour motif familial impérieux" seems to be the only one possible to be ticked.
As said, a Certificate dated less than 72 hours stating that you're Covid-negative, must be presented at the border, failing which they'll do a test on the spot. Which in turn must mean having to wait for the result before being able to continue...
A partial translation of the Portuguese lease into French may be required by a mono-lingual Official - be prepared for this. As I'm wont to say, fore-warned is fore-armed!

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12927722)
@ Alianco The PM only mentioned travelling this coming weekend, after the school holidays and for la Toussaint, with a Déclaration sur l'Honneur, but I think that Prés. Macron said yesterday that "French Residents" would be able to return "home". There might be yet another Attestation for that option, as I doubt that it'll be mentioned in those which are supposed to be downloadable this evening.
HTH

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl (Post 12927875)
I had to smile at the irony of this, people queuing to get the erasable pens for the coronavirus form !! Increasing infection risk in order to comply with the de-risking CV19 strategy :)

I watched both the speeches of Macron/Castex to try and understand the changes. I made a note I could refer to with the summary and links:-

Par ailleurs il ne sera pas possible “de voyager au sein du territoire national, y compris d’une résidence principale vers une résidence secondaire”, a ajouté le Premier ministre, en précisant qu’“une amende forfaitaire de 135 euros sera appliquée en cas de non respect du confinement”. Huff post https://m.huffingtonpost.fr/entry/at...b6aab57a1055c0

Travel within France, including to holiday homes, will be prohibited, though borders with EU countries will remain open, the prime minister said. Visits to friends or family are also banned.

https://www.thelocal.fr/20201029/fra...covid-19-tests The PM said anyone arriving in the country would have to undergo a Covid-19 test as has already been the case for certain travellers “Anyone arriving in the country will have to prove a negative test carried out 72 hours in advance. And for those who do not have the result of a test, a test on arrival will be imposed," he said.

​​​​​​
https://www.thelocal.fr/20201029/att...home-in-france

The forms you need to go out, including one in English.

https://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/en/co...r_ajax_redir=1

The government site re corona etc. Note the last update is 16/10. But I am sure that the site will be shortly updated with the practical details emerging from the PM's speech last night

I may have to enter Italy in transit, to go to France. This is a great site from the Italian government A good questionnaire!!
https://infocovid.viaggiaresicuri.it...ngtoitaly.html

I am trying to figure out if I can go to a secondary residence in France, from Belgium, i.e within Schengen. Realising that I would immediately have to follow the new lockdown rules.

The French residents/citizens can't. But the border is open?? Whilst it may be unfair, as long as its not illegal - we will probably do it. Any ideas please??

Also there will be that window, where I've crossed the border into France on the way to the home. Being stopped by the police could be a problem as the forms aren't applicable. Of course I will be more than 1km from the home. So the only thing I can think of is to bring my tax d'habitation with me as proof.

Also I haven't seen any clear info (yet) for the case of someone transiting France only, to get to another country as mentioned earlier e.g Italy-Spain. Or e.g UK-Italy, Belgium -Spain etc.

The Italian questionnaire is a great best practice IMO something other governments could use.

Finally the PM said hotels were only open for business travel, (with food only available via room-service). I haven't seen anything, as yet, for people in transit. But with Schengen open there shouldn't be a problem (I hope)

Its early days yet, and I'm sure that in the next couple of days things will be clearer.

Jon

I've put the move on ice. I have a rental agreement for PT but then getting it translated and then the covid test and then the Spain situation.... and the same for return. Too risky and to much hassle at the moment. All inputs appreciated.

dmu Oct 30th 2020 7:54 am

Originally Posted by EuroTrash (Post 12927915)
Travel to holiday homes in France is prohibited. Seems pretty unambiguous to me.

Why would you even want to, or am I missing something?

There were so many city dwellers travelling to holiday homes in the Spring with their children for a more pleasant confinement, that clusters formed all over the place. Hence IMO the prohibition this time to avoid circulation of the virus.
I wouldn't dream of moving out of my comfort zone for the duration, but then I don't live in a city.

dmu Oct 30th 2020 7:55 am

Originally Posted by campos (Post 12927919)
I've put the move on ice. I have a rental agreement for PT but then getting it translated and then the covid test and then the Spain situation.... and the same for return. Too risky and to much hassle at the moment. All inputs appreciated.

Wise decision!:thumbsup:

EuroTrash Oct 30th 2020 8:13 am

Originally Posted by dmu (Post 12927920)
There were so many city dwellers travelling to holiday homes in the Spring with their children for a more pleasant confinement, that clusters formed all over the place. Hence IMO the prohibition this time to avoid circulation of the virus.

AFAIK if you arrive at your second home before confinement starts and stay for the duration it is ok (although the locals might not like it). What you can't do is travel from one to the other during confinement.