Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Strap yourselves down for further lockdown

Strap yourselves down for further lockdown

Old Oct 29th 2020, 11:05 am
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Strap yourselves down for further lockdown

Originally Posted by campos
As I'm moving home - to Portugal, it could be argued I'm returning to my new rental place...but then I'd have to get the rental van back to Italy
Aaah, this wasn't obvious! If you have documents to prove that you're "returning home", then it might work if any one controlling you doesn't wonder why you need an Italian rental van to return from a holiday in Italy. Can some one (resident in Italy) accompany you, who would return the rental van to Italy? This will mean renting in both names, but you can weigh up the pros and cons....
P.S. Does any one remember whether people were allowed to move during the first lockdown? I have an idea it wasn't possible.....

Last edited by dmu; Oct 29th 2020 at 11:11 am.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 11:19 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by EuroTrash
Updated attestations will be available on the government website from tonight I believe.
I suspect tourist accommodation will not take bookings because people aren't allowed to go on holiday. But I'm not sure why booking an apartment for one night is safer than booking a hotel room for one night? You say "obviously" but I am not seeing it
Hi,for the reason that it is the ultimate isolation with no hotel guests and staff around.In fact our last stopover outside Rome we didn't even see the owner as it was prepaid and the key was left in the postbox.Thanks for other info,Brian.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 11:36 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

There are hotel chains in France where check in is fully automatic with no human contact. There is a machine where you pay by card, you get an electronic key and go straight to your room and you won't see another person unless you are unlucky and happen to meet someone (who should be wearing a mask) in the corridor. F1 is one such chain, there are others https://hotelf1.accor.com/discoverin...index.fr.shtml

Ignore me if you were already aware of this.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

brian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to allbrian12 is a name known to all

There are hotel chains in France where check in is fully automatic with no human contact. There is a machine where you pay by card, you get an electronic key and go straight to your room and you won't see another person unless you are unlucky and happen to meet someone (who should be wearing a mask) in the corridor. F1 is one such chain, there are others https://hotelf1.accor.com/discoverin...index.fr.shtml

Ignore me if you were already aware of this.
OK,I'll add that to my list of possibilities,cheers.PS are they self catering.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brian12
are they self catering.
I don't know if any are self catering, you would have to look at websites. I have stayed at F1s on business trips and the rooms I have used have always been very cheap and very basic, just somewhere to stop the night with a buffet breakfast if you want it. I seem to remember automatic food and drink dispensers that I got coffee from..
But more and more hotels are using automatic check in systems, it was already the trend and the health crisis has accelerated it.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:22 pm
Forum Regular

I don't know if any are self catering, you would have to look at websites. I have stayed at F1s on business trips and the rooms I have used have always been very cheap and very basic, just somewhere to stop the night with a buffet breakfast if you want it. I seem to remember automatic food and drink dispensers that I got coffee from..
But more and more hotels are using automatic check in systems, it was already the trend and the health crisis has accelerated it.
Cheers anyway,we are spoilt and will be bringing a coolbox of goodies to cook up for our journey.I remember some Premier Inns being self service.Not really paranoid but being locked down in the deep south of Italy since March,which is one of the safest places in Europe at the moment.I'd hate to catch it at this late stage.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 12:40 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dmu
The PM is giving a press conference this afternoon, with the nitty-gritty details, but yes, you'll need an attestation to go and buy a pizza (or any other food or medicines), just like last time. I THINK I heard Macron say that we can go out for an hour's exercise, within xx of our domicile, like the last time, but I can't find confirmation. We'll know for sure this afternoon....
Meanwhile I imagine I'll be among the hoards filling up with loo paper and pasta today, before the deadline of Attestation-less shopping...
Keep safe every one, it's all for our own good and for me, "liberté" means being free from Covid infection.
The radio has just confirmed this - 1 hour's exercise within 1 km of one's domicile (armed with the Attestation probably giving time of departure from home, like last time...)
Old Oct 29th 2020, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not really paranoid but being locked down in the deep south of Italy since March,which is one of the safest places in Europe at the moment.I'd hate to catch it at this late stage.
Yes I am totally with you there, you can't be too careful. And I hope you are right about "at this late stage", it would be nice to think the end is in sight.
I am so paranoid that I have taken to using my campervan for all longish journeys even if there is no overnight stay involved, just so that I have my own cooking facilities and loo and I don't have to use public facilities when I stop for comfort breaks.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

Yes I am totally with you there, you can't be too careful. And I hope you are right about "at this late stage", it would be nice to think the end is in sight.
I am so paranoid that I have taken to using my campervan for all longish journeys even if there is no overnight stay involved, just so that I have my own cooking facilities and loo and I don't have to use public facilities when I stop for comfort breaks.
LOL,I don't feel or realise it but I'm 68 today and one of those vulnerable peeps I suppose,cheers,Brian.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 2:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

G-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond reputeG-J-B has a reputation beyond repute

I read on Le Monde's site yesterday evening that
Des "tests rapides obligatoires" seront déployés "pour toutes les arrivées" dans "les ports, les aéroports", et "pour les déplacements internationaux", a ajouté le président de la République.
So it seems they will use rapid covid tests on anyone arriving in the ports or airports.

I made the mistake of doing my grocery shopping in Hyper-U this morning. Never seen the queues so long, all the aisles were clogged with people queuing! Thankfully nobody was stockpiling, but it sure was busy.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 3:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

LOL,I don't feel or realise it but I'm 68 today and one of those vulnerable peeps I suppose,cheers,Brian.
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday dear Brii-an
Happy birthday to you

(I'm 3 years behind you... and I feel every year of it)
Old Oct 29th 2020, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

At the current time (18.25) the new Attestation form has yet to appear on the government web site. Info filltering through is that there will be three separate forms (why keep it simple when it can be made complicated).
i) For those leaving the home for work, or returning home after work.
ii) For general use: excercising, pet walking, essential shopping, medical visits etc.
iii) For parents accompanying their kids to/from school.
Some folks not working from home, with a pet needing morning/evening excercise and with children, may have to make out 3 forms each day......

I quite believe that many stores were doing good business today with folks stocking up with necessary goods. I thought I'd be clever, avoid the nearby LeClerc supermarket, and popped into a stationery shop to purchase a couple of erasable ink pens. Not such a good idea after all, as there was a small queue of people waiting to buy exactly the same product, no doubt for the same purpose, i.e. the Attestation form.

Last edited by Tweedpipe; Oct 29th 2020 at 5:30 pm.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm sure I remember reading last time around that encre effaçable was not permitted for attestations... though I suppose how would anyone know unless they tried to rub it out.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 6:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond reputeTweedpipe has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure I remember reading last time around that encre effaçable was not permitted for attestations... though I suppose how would anyone know unless they tried to rub it out.
Exactly my sentiments! Of course the date will always be current, which in my non-French bureaucratic mind is the all-important factor. Good for the environment too, less scrap paper!
Also during the previous weeks of confinement, I was out each morning and some evenings walking the dog, and never met or saw a single plod.
Old Oct 29th 2020, 6:11 pm
Quien no sabe

Chatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond reputeChatter Static has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tweedpipe
At the current time (18.25) the new Attestation form has yet to appear on the government web site. Info filltering through is that there will be three separate forms (why keep it simple when it can be made complicated).
i) For those leaving the home for work, or returning home after work.
ii) For general use: excercising, pet walking, essential shopping, medical visits etc.
iii) For parents accompanying their kids to/from school.
Some folks not working from home, with a pet needing morning/evening excercise and with children, may have to make out 3 forms each day......

I quite believe that many stores were doing good business today with folks stocking up with necessary goods. I thought I'd be clever, avoid the nearby LeClerc supermarket, and popped into a stationery shop to purchase a couple of erasable ink pens. Not such a good idea after all, as there was a small queue of people waiting to buy exactly the same product, no doubt for the same purpose, i.e. the Attestation form.
I just used the dry tippex last time but I was only going to the bin every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.