Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > France
Reload this Page >

Start micro entreprise: social security

Start micro entreprise: social security

Old Dec 22nd 2021, 7:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Start micro entreprise: social security

Give Boris and his mates time, they'll sort that out... NI going up in the new year.
Are you sure about more income tax in England? £12k tax free allowance as compared to around 8k euros in France?
Old Jan 7th 2022, 2:10 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

Update:
Via guichet-entreprises we applied for the micro entreprise. My husband used his former inactive SS-number and I used the same number, because I was obliged to put a SS-number. I was 'ayant-droits until 2015. You immediately receive a confirmation.

Next step is to wait until we receive a mail from CCI. With a copy of that I will fill in Form S1106 "activité professionnelle" in order to re-activate the old SS-number of my husband and to ask a number for myself.
Old Jan 7th 2022, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the roughPilou is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Annetje
Sorry ET, I think he used to live in France but maybe I'm mistaken ...
I just remember having some pleasant conversations with someone who left France for Portugal and I think it might have been Pilou (But maybe not).
Yes, Annetje, that was me and my hubby. We left for Portugal, but we prefer living in France. In Portugal we could benefit from 10 years tax-free rule. We leave Portugal after 4 years, because we prefer France, even with more tax and social sec payments. The health care in Portugal is far from what I'm used to in France.
Old Jan 7th 2022, 2:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond reputeEuroTrash has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pilou
Update:
Via guichet-entreprises we applied for the micro entreprise. My husband used his former inactive SS-number and I used the same number, because I was obliged to put a SS-number. I was 'ayant-droits until 2015. You immediately receive a confirmation.

Next step is to wait until we receive a mail from CCI. With a copy of that I will fill in Form S1106 "activité professionnelle" in order to re-activate the old SS-number of my husband and to ask a number for myself.
That's good, it sounds like the system is working efficiently.
I'm sure I never had to fill in a Form S1105. My new healthcare rights were opened automatically as soon as my auto entreprse was set up, without me doing anything. I received a form from URSSAF very soon after I got my SIRET number asking which "caisse" I wanted to join (this was in the old RSI days when prof libs had a choice between Harmonie, LA RAM and various other caisses, of course it's all under CPAM now), and a short while after that I got the form where you supply a mugshot for your carte vitale. Have they told you to fill this form in? If so, obviously the process has changed. Just make sure that you do need to fill it in, because it's very easy to confuse CPAM by doing things they don't expect you to do!