Speed Cameras

Old Jul 21st 2005, 9:43 pm
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future
Default Speed Cameras

watch out certain departments are now using them a lot

71 and 01 for example

they are not in towns or villages but busy fast moving routes KMS away from housing "money making gits"

I set one off a few days ago its placed 1m i mean ONE EFFING METRE before the two lane route becomes one

so i was doing 140 and its set up for 90!!! the sign .... to warn you I've been today to look again its errected half behind a tree
( brand new sign) and just at the end of a single bay parking ..... there was a lorry there and blocks the sign utterly you cant see it at all

devious devious devious

taking hints from the UK perhaps? Also i crossed an autoroute bridge and there was the police trying to hide down with a camera so no car could see them ........ but they'd parked their car and blocked me so i found out what they where doing they are like i said being devious ..... money making roads for speed not where it should be used in towns and villages.
Old Jul 22nd 2005, 6:58 am
BE Enthusiast

proo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to allproo is a name known to all
Default Re: Speed Cameras

Originally Posted by bourgogne
watch out certain departments are now using them a lot

71 and 01 for example

they are not in towns or villages but busy fast moving routes KMS away from housing "money making gits"

I set one off a few days ago its placed 1m i mean ONE EFFING METRE before the two lane route becomes one

so i was doing 140 and its set up for 90!!! the sign .... to warn you I've been today to look again its errected half behind a tree
( brand new sign) and just at the end of a single bay parking ..... there was a lorry there and blocks the sign utterly you cant see it at all

devious devious devious

taking hints from the UK perhaps? Also i crossed an autoroute bridge and there was the police trying to hide down with a camera so no car could see them ........ but they'd parked their car and blocked me so i found out what they where doing they are like i said being devious ..... money making roads for speed not where it should be used in towns and villages.
The police are really sneaky and are always in places were you can't see them. A favourite of theirs is to hide behind bushes or in tunnel entrances where you get a suddent change in light. I guess it works though as I now stick to the limit although some people still drive like loonies and get away with it!

Last edited by proo; Jul 22nd 2005 at 7:01 am.
Old Jul 24th 2005, 12:05 am
Forum Regular

bourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant futurebourgogne has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by proo
The police are really sneaky and are always in places were you can't see them. A favourite of theirs is to hide behind bushes or in tunnel entrances where you get a suddent change in light. I guess it works though as I now stick to the limit although some people still drive like loonies and get away with it!

you are spot on the police i caught at it had some kind of radar binoculars and they where laying flat on the road!!!!! taking pics over the autoroute..... thought they had to make them selves known? not in france it seems?

so an to be expats please take care the money spinner speed cameras got here before you

the spanish use a "broken down" car in the outside lane with hidden radar, so perhaps france is less devious ???

the sign is at bit like ' .))) ' and its less than 100m from the camera, the cameras are huge things low level not obvious, not the gatso UK stuff but owned i think by Serco, that also supply UK? correct me please if i am wrong?

seen two trashed shame ........ but when in france proo... lead foot it !!!
Old Jul 24th 2005, 1:14 am
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

devious devious devious

Or Australia. They are right crafty b****rds over here. Speed cameras hidden in anything at the side of the road from 'broken down' cars to hay-stacks, wheelie bins you name it. Speed limit signs contradict each other on roads in some areas and the tolerance level on the cameras is set to only 2 or 3 kms/h over the limit.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 9:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NJJ
Or Australia. They are right crafty b****rds over here. Speed cameras hidden in anything at the side of the road from 'broken down' cars to hay-stacks, wheelie bins you name it. Speed limit signs contradict each other on roads in some areas and the tolerance level on the cameras is set to only 2 or 3 kms/h over the limit.

2 or 3 kms??????????? like half the average walking pace??? new tyres can alter your speedo!! not least 80%? of analogue speedos come off the grear box and are at least 5-7% out !! that could be 5-7kms ?

I was stopped for doing 48 in a 45 limit once! police probed car i asked them to look at my speedo! they did and asked why?

"where is the 45"? they said errrr it goes up in 10's! yes 20-30-40-50 i can hoover about between 40 and 50 but no idea where its really at! they noted it but where really peeved no fine )
Old Jul 25th 2005, 10:48 pm
NJJ
BE Forum Addict

NJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond reputeNJJ has a reputation beyond repute

2 or 3 kms??????????? like half the average walking pace??? new tyres can alter your speedo!! not least 80%? of analogue speedos come off the grear box and are at least 5-7% out !! that could be 5-7kms ?

3km/h and you will get a ticket. My mrs got a $120 speeding fine and 1 penalty point on her licence through the mail a few weeks ago as she was detected by a fixed speed camera doing 63km/h in a 60km/h zone. This fine has now gone up to $131 as of 1st July 2005.
Old Jul 25th 2005, 11:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NJJ
3km/h and you will get a ticket. My mrs got a $120 speeding fine and 1 penalty point on her licence through the mail a few weeks ago as she was detected by a fixed speed camera doing 63km/h in a 60km/h zone. This fine has now gone up to $131 as of 1st July 2005.
time to fight back

it only needs a well placed sticker to disable a camera

also how mant remiders of speed do they give? might wanna read this english site its amazing

http://www.arrivedeprived.org.uk/

oh site removed or overloaded? its not nice it follows the police and the non police around picturing them

Last edited by bourgogne; Jul 25th 2005 at 11:20 pm.
Old Nov 20th 2005, 2:55 pm
Just Joined

Briton is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=bourgogne]
might wanna read this english site its amazing

QUOTE]

What makes it "english" - looks like a UK URL to me?
Old Nov 20th 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Briton]
might wanna read this english site its amazing

QUOTE]

What makes it "english" - looks like a UK URL to me?
tis english thats why www.speedcam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index2.htm

remeber they are new here and every one i know is smashed or burnt in days in france
Old Nov 21st 2005, 6:41 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=bourgogne]
Originally Posted by Briton

tis english thats why www.speedcam.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/index2.htm

remeber they are new here and every one i know is smashed or burnt in days in france
...but that's a different site entirely! Anyway there's no such thing as an "english" URL, only a UK one (since England isn't a country but a 'region' like a state, in international terms). The site might be run by a Welshman and hosted on a web-farm in Northern Ireland.

I'm glad the French remain in character and trash the nasty beasts. Not that they bother me in France because I stick to the limit.
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Briton]

...but that's a different site entirely! Anyway there's no such thing as an "english" URL, only a UK one (since England isn't a country but a 'region' like a state, in international terms). The site might be run by a Welshman and hosted on a web-farm in Northern Ireland.

I'm glad the French remain in character and trash the nasty beasts. Not that they bother me in France because I stick to the limit.

urrm thanks for the geography tip

I am ENGLISH, I lived in ENGLAND, like people that are WELSH or SCOTISH or IRISH live in their respective countries. Britain in fact does not exist, the British isles do. remember devolution? Sorry but I take huge exception to this British thing, I am ENGLISH. and dont even go there with the UK ...... add bermuda, falklands etc etc

so there
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 5:48 am
Forum Regular

this is interesting

britons??? welsh LOL

http://historymedren.about.com/gi/dy.../mapsmain.html

click on germanic kingdoms
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=bourgogne]
Originally Posted by Briton

urrm thanks for the geography tip

I am ENGLISH, I lived in ENGLAND, like people that are WELSH or SCOTISH or IRISH live in their respective countries. Britain in fact does not exist, the British isles do. remember devolution? Sorry but I take huge exception to this British thing, I am ENGLISH. and dont even go there with the UK ...... add bermuda, falklands etc etc

so there
How sad that some UK people cannot integrate after 300 or more years of union. In the eyes of the United Nations we are the country called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I'm afraid your geopolitics is sadly lacking. You might like to have a look at your passport to see which country you belong to.

So you would have it:
* the Queen reigns only over England (we won't go into her ancestry!)
* the Armed Forces are those solely of England.
* the government in Westminster only governs England.

I'm all for less complex government and if that means devolution for areas of England then so be it.

Despite your antagonism for your non-English co-citizens I'm glad to say most English people I've met have a laugh and a joke about English v Welsh etc.

Of the others, there seems to be two main camps:
1) the poorly educated, 'ignore-ant' - those who can't see further than the end of their own street. Classic symptoms are the use of "English" in a context which demands "UK or British". Harmless but annoying nonetheless as they demean their fellow citizens by ignoring them.
2) the fervently jingoistic, xenophobic, historians - those who despise the union with a vengeance and see foreigners starting at the English borders. They'd like to see England secede from the union. Of course the Scots, Welsh and Irish have their share of nutters too.

Like it or not this is BritishExpats.com not EnglishExpats.com. All I'm asking is for you to behave with respect to your fellow citizens regardless of which part of the UK they come from. So don't pretend they don't exist if they are not English and please respect the United Kingdom instead of trying to diminish its cultural richness.

God alone knows what you meant by referring to the Falklands and Bermuda.

PS If England is so wonderfull why leave it?
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 7:59 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Briton]

How sad that some UK people cannot integrate after 300 or more years of union. In the eyes of the United Nations we are the country called the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. I'm afraid your geopolitics is sadly lacking. You might like to have a look at your passport to see which country you belong to.

So you would have it:

I'm all for less complex government and if that means devolution for areas of England then so be it.

Despite your antagonism for your non-English co-citizens I'm glad to say most English people I've met have a laugh and a joke about English v Welsh etc.

1) the poorly educated, 'ignore-ant' - those who can't see further than the end of their own street. Classic symptoms are the use of "English" in a context which demands "UK or British". Harmless but annoying nonetheless as they demean their fellow citizens by ignoring them.
2) the fervently jingoistic, xenophobic, historians - those who despise the union with a vengeance and see foreigners starting at the English borders. They'd like to see England secede from the union. Of course the Scots, Welsh and Irish have their share of nutters too.

Like it or not this is BritishExpats.com not EnglishExpats.com. All I'm asking is for you to behave with respect to your fellow citizens regardless of which part of the UK they come from. So don't pretend they don't exist if they are not English and please respect the United Kingdom instead of trying to diminish its cultural richness.

i am sorry i am not going into this, britons are welsh and west coast dwelers, english are the most of what we now call ENGLAND

britannique does not exisit , UK is not a country

end it! I AM ENGLISH!!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2005, 9:30 pm
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=Briton]

So you would have it:

UK, look it up!!!does not involve that innbred isle, god help us!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.